LinkedIn Military Spouse Employment Partnership Networking Series
Please join us on Thursday March 23, at noon EDT!
During the discussions, participants will have the opportunity to:
* Connect with key human resources professionals and hiring managers from the companies and organizations of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership.
* Discover new employment resources and services.
* Ask questions and get feedback.
* Network with other military spouses and share employment experiences.
MSEP employer, The Exchange, will be highlighted during the discussions on March 23.
The following webinar opportunities are available for military spouses. During the discussions, attendees will learn about resources to expand your career opportunities. The following topics will be discussed during the upcoming webinars:
* Tuesday, March 21, at 12 p.m. EDT – Exploring the Resume Builder
Sign up today to reserve your spot at https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/Portal/Content/View/4913.
Make college affordable by using MySECO’s Scholarship Finder to search through more than 90 scholarships carefully chosen just for you. Browse our database of financial resources offered specifically to military spouses and family members to make paying for college fast and easy. Start now at https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/Portal/SpouseProfile/SpouseFundingSources/Search <https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/Portal/SpouseProfile/SpouseFundingSources/Search> .
Kaplan University- Kaplan University is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing innovative undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education. Our programs foster student learning with opportunities to launch, enhance, or change careers in today’s diverse global society. The University is committed to general education, a student-centered service and support approach, and applied scholarship in a practical environment.
Clinical Student Manager
The job description is as follows:
The Clinical Student Manager will be responsible for being the primary contact regarding clinical placement for SON students. The CSM will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical and Practicum Programs in order to communicate expectations related to clinical placement of HS students, and will follow the progress of clinical students throughout their clinical coursework.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Conduct clinical student orientation
- Communicate with students regarding expectations related to clinical placement
- Work with the Placement Team to ensure both students and sites have a quality experiences with placement
- Assist with student remediation issues as assigned
- Collaborate with Program Chairs and Faculty regarding clinical student issues as authorized by DCPP Track pre-clinical paperwork for assigned cohort
- Assist with other departmental tasks as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare and/or Education
- Must be able to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Must be an organized self-starter who is able to work with little direct supervision.
- Must be able to build rapport with students while but also adhere to SON Clinical Placement policies and procedures.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer experience with medical assisting practice or education
- Will be required to work some evenings and weekends Must be able to travel as requested
Registered Nurse preferred, but not required
Application instructions: Applicants must apply online at www.kaplan.edu/careers
We are looking for scheduling specialists. We would appreciate you posting this job. Thank you
Position will work in an outbound call center environment scheduling Medicare Advantage members for a free health assessment conducted by Nurse Practitioners. You must be confident, outgoing and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. You must also be a team-oriented person who is open minded and willing to learn and who has the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced work environment. It is also vital for your role as a Scheduling Specialist Tier I that you are articulate with excellent verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to easily establish rapport with members. All calls are recorded and are used during new hire and ongoing training to evaluate overall performance and provide our clients with open access to calls.
- At least 2 years of outbound call center experience
- Read from required scripts, but also have the ability to have a conversation with the member all while meeting call requirements
- Schedule members appointments according to the Nurse Practitioner’s availability & geographic location
- PLEASE NOTE, it’s a sales environment, a minimum quota of 75 appointments / a week
- Respond to customer’s objections with effective rebuttals and close the sale (schedule appointments)
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven track record of successful sales or appointment setting in call center environment for Outbound
- Customer service driven personality, (provide “warmth”, as they are dealing with the elderly population)
- “sales / collection” background experience preferred but not required
- Must have excellent phone etiquette skills and prior customer service experience.
- Think quickly on your feet during phone conversations with the customer
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance
- High-energy, motivated and enthusiastic people with a positive attitude and a friendly, outgoing personality
- High starting wage of $14.00 per hour with an increase to $15.00 per hour after completing probationary period
- Tier reviews for additional increases in wage
- 20 paid days off plus paid holidays
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending Account
- Competitive 401K company match
APPLY at Advancehealth.com
This morning, the Airman & Family Readiness Center provided live access to the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) presentation on Writing Your Federal Resume.
The presentation highlighted a 3 part process to assist applicants in writing their Federal resume. Attendees were shown a real job opportunity announcement (JOA) and walked through the process that helps them review the JOA to determine qualifications and interest, identify the important requirements and then tailor their resumes with the JOA. They also provided a quick overview of the resume builder on USAJOBS.
Below are links for you to download the slideshow and the list of helpful links provided by OPM:
Helpful Links: OPM-ListOfHelpfulLinks_27Apr2015