Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling Hiring Fair
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
The Bolling Club
Theisen Street, Building 50
Washington, DC 20032
? Employers and Service Organizations: Click here to register: https://www.cvent.com/events/hiring-our-heroes-jbab-washington-dc/registration-e1072ccc568a4df098322e0197b69991.aspx?fqp=true
? Job Seekers: Click here to register: https://www.cvent.com/events/hiring-our-heroes-jbab-washington-dc/registration-e1072ccc568a4df098322e0197b69991.aspx?fqp=true
Why register? Job seekers can upload their resumes to be viewed by employers ahead of the event.
JOB NOTICE – Black Hills Corporation – Business Intelligence Program Senior Analyst (30815)
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the United States. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Job Title: Business Intelligence Program Senior Analyst (30815)
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 – $97,530
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close in April 25, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Responsible for supporting and contributing to the advancement and maturity of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing strategy at BHC. Will be expected to provide leadership, analysis, strategic development and mentoring to staff and system users in the application of reporting and analytical services. Involved with the development and communication related to the business intelligence vision to the organization while partnering with business areas to strategize and define projects needed to enable better insights from data.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Applications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Define business user requirements on simple to moderately complex projects with some analytic design and data modeling.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining business intelligence and data warehousing strategy.
- Assist in developing and maintaining data management and data governance strategies.
- Lead and plan business intelligence related projects.
- Work with business to understand data driven needs.
- Work with business to enable better decisions based on data.
- Plan and develop business intelligence projects based on business needs.
- Develop reports, dashboards or analytical models as needed.
- Ability to interpret data and provide recommendations to business.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Perform client training.
- Under supervision perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Administers BI tools and analytic servers.
- Troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance.
- Develops multidimensional semantic layer and BI query objects for end users.
- Creates reports and report templates.
- Helps business users select the appropriate BI tool(s).
- Develops and manages BI training, documentation, and help desk capabilities.
- Will support one or more client groups including interaction across multiple levels of the organization.
- Will work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT related to project planning and execution.
- Capable of working independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- A minimum of 7 years of business intelligence or related experience required.
- Experience in the utility industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in information technology, business administration and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of SAP Products (Business Objects, Webi, Data Services, Crystal) preferred.
- Knowledge of data modeling process (Star-schema, Snowflake) preferred.
- Knowledge of data management process preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities and working within challenging situations.
- Ability to support and interact with client groups across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT related to project planning and execution.
- Ability to work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply
Considering transitioning out of the military? Trying to decide which direction to go with your education program in order to land a great job? Glassdoor has put together a list of the 25 Best Jobs in America for 2016 based on a set of parameters they established. Click Here to see what they recommend
Job searching can become very stressful and wear a person down both physically and mentally. There are times when we think we should take the next job offer that comes our way just to get out of the job search market. But is this always a wise decision and is there a time when we should say “No Thank You”? Peter Economy does a great job in his article “10 Warning Signs You Shouldn’t Take That Job Offer” of describing red flags that should make us think twice when considering a job offer.
Click here for more information about when to say “No”.
The Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association lists multiple positions across the county for those in the field.You can check out their current listings at: http://www.sportsrd.org/Career_Opportunities.html
Most positions require applicants to at least have their Registered Dietitian (RD) credential.
The Collegiate & Professional Sports Dietitians Association is a member-driven national not-for-profit organization chartered in the state of Texas as 501c(6) in 2010.
POSITION: Registered Nurse – Jail
SALARY: $24.72 /Hour
OPENING DATE: 12/15/14
CLOSING DATE: 12/28/14 11:59 PM
LOCATION: Pennington County Sheriff’s Office
POSITION DESCRIPTION:The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care at the
Pennington County Jail. The Jail operates 24 hours per day, thus, shift work is required. Shift assignments may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Members of the Medical Staff are provided with initial security-related classroom and on-the-job training.
Education: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
Experience: Preference given to those with prior nursing experience.
License / Certification: Current licensure from SD State Board of Nursing as Registered Nurse.
SELECTION PROCESS:Preference given to candidates with stable job history and prior nursing experience.
Following an interview process, selected candidates will undergo a thorough background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Please apply online at http://www.pennco.org/jobs.