Title: Soil Conservationist
Grade and Series: GS-0457-5/7/9
Supervisory Status: No
Duty Locations: Faulkton, Ipswich and Redfield South Dakota
Announcement number: NRCS-20-10631855-RG-SD-CF (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549915000)
Open Period: October 25, 2019 – November 1, 2019
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Recent graduates from a qualifying educational institution having completed an academic program within the preceding two (2) years. Note: Veterans who were precluded by their military service obligation from meeting this requirement will have up to six (6) years to apply.
- If you have not yet conferred your degree or certificate, but will within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement, a letter from the school documenting current standing, degree being obtained and expected graduation date must be submitted with your application.
The Public Health Command at Ellsworth AFB Veterinary Treatment Facility is seeking an Animal Health Assistant, NF-01/02/03
Please see the job posting at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544594100
- May assist veterinarian to prepare for and during surgical procedures, to include preparing surgery packs, scalpel blades, and suture material, monitoring a patient using an anesthetic machine.
- May serve as scrubbed surgical assistant. Continuously informs medical staff of the changes in general condition of patient during surgical procedures.
- Prepares and administers vaccinations, oral and topical medications to patient as prescribed by the veterinarian. Prepares and dispenses prescription medication according to veterinarian instructions.
- Applies knowledge of common topics to assist clients in solving common husbandry problems.
- Applies knowledge of preventive care, disease prevention, lifestyle risks, and veterinary care to provide individualized wellness counseling to clients.
- May provide training to lower level staff.
- Required Documents
- How to Apply
NRCS GS-0303 Administrative Support Assistant Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans: Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)Posted: April 22, 2019
This is a call for resumes, by close of business (COB) on Monday, May 6th, for:
- A Special Hiring Authority opportunity with one (1) job location in Brookings, SD.
- The position will be part-time 24 hours, up to 40 hours full time, permanent position with USDA/Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).
- SD NRCS desires to fill this position by utilizing Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans: Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
- This position will not be advertised in USAJOBS at this time.
- The job will be for an Administrative Support Assistant (ASA) requiring education and/or experience to meet NRCS GS-0303 series (Clerical and Administrative Support Positions). This position calls for at least one year of specialized experience.
- Duties include: Office job with computer responsibilities completing; travel, purchasing, and timesheets.
- Position pay grade is GS-5 with Full Performance Level of 6.
- Please have all interested student veterans, clients or post members submit their resume and redacted DD-214 member 4 to Steve Maras, NRCS Veterans Special Emphasis Program Manager, email to: email@example.com
- If there are questions specific to the position, please contact Michelle Burke, NRCS Assistant State Conservationist (ASTC) for Field Operations, Brookings, at (605) 692-2344 Extension 108.
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) is an excepted authority that allows an agency to non-competitively appoint an eligible veteran. If you:
- Served during a war or are in receipt of a campaign badge for service in a campaign or expedition; OR
- are a disabled veteran, OR
- are in receipt of an Armed Forces Service Medal (includes the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal)for participation in a military operation, OR
- are a recently separated veteran (within 3 years of discharge), AND
- separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge).
You can be appointed under this authority at any grade level up to and including a GS-11 or equivalent. This is an excepted service appointment. Upon satisfactory completion of 2 years of substantially continuous service, you will be converted to the competitive service. If an agency has two or more VRA candidates and at least one is preference eligible, the veterans’ preference procedures of 5 CFR, part 302 of OPM’s regulations must be applied when using the VRA authority.
Agencies may also use VRA to fill temporary (not to exceed 1 year) or term (more than 1 year but not to exceed 4 years) positions. If you are employed in a temporary or term position under VRA, you will not be converted to the competitive service after 2 years.
There is no limit to the number of times you can apply under VRA, as long as you meet the definition of a covered veteran under applicable law.
You must provide acceptable documentation of your preference or appointment eligibility. The member 4 copy of your DD214, “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,” is preferable. If claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a Standard Form (SF-15 (PDF file)), “Application for 10-point Veterans’ Preference.”
Black Hills Health Care System has multiple jobs currently being advertised at both the Hot Springs, and Fort Meade locations to include part time Registered Nurses, Maintenance Workers, Housekeeping Aides, Pipefitters, and more.
Some positions are not visible by default when searching on USA Jobs. If you cannot find a position, you may be able to find it by searching for it on the VA Careers webs site at http://www.vacareers.va.gov. Select Search Jobs, and indicate the area of consideration you would like to search in such as All VA jobs, VA employees, or VA Status Eligible and Veterans.