Please RSVP by contacting the Black Hills Energy Talent Team at 605-399-5168, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) employer Veteran Recruiting is hosting a virtual career fair on Wednesday March 27th, 2019 from 1 until 3 p.m. EST.
This event will feature more than 120.000 job openings. Job seekers will have the opportunity to meet live with dozens of America’s most veteran friendly employers, chat live with recruiters, view/apply for jobs, and connect with other veterans, military spouses and more in the networking lounge. Be sure to login ahead of the event to research companies that will be in attendance.
*no federal endorsement implied of companies mentioned in flier.
The Seventh Circuit Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is currently looking for a full-time Volunteer Coordinator. The position is 35 hours a week and offers benefits.
Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field or two years of related work experience desired. Organizational, computer and leadership skills; initiative and a willingness to work with people required. Must exhibit sound judgment, a professional attitude, and excellent verbal and written skills. Must have a desire to create effective long-term strategies to enhance the capacity of advocating and the CASA effort. Must be willing to work varied hours.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
– Successful completion of criminal background investigation and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check.
Job Responsibilities include:
Case Management/Volunteer Supervision
- Supervise up to 30 volunteers in Pennington, Custer and Fall River Counties.
- Finalize volunteer applicant screening process after swearing in.
- Conduct interview on volunteer applicant.
- Research volunteer preferences for case assignment.
- Prepare Orders of Appointment/Release for court.
- Notify all parties of CASA assignment.
- Mail/e-mail all notices and correspondence to the CASA.
- Maintain a file for each CASA volunteer and case assigned.
- Inform CASA volunteers of all hearings concerning their case.
- Maintain monthly contact with active volunteers/quarterly contact with inactive volunteers.
- Assist volunteer with preparation of court reports and distribute to attorneys, DSS and Judge.
- Accompany volunteer to court hearings, staffing, and other case related activities as deemed necessary or go in their place if they are absent.
- Maintain positive working relationship with DSS, Attorneys, Foster Parents, Parents, Kinship providers, and any other necessary parties.
- Attend court hearings when necessary.
- Enter information and maintain cases that are assigned/unassigned in CASA Manager.
- Monitor and ensure records are updated on unassigned cases until assignment of an advocate.
- Ensure in-service hours are documented and recorded in CASA Manager.
- Enter petitions after attendance of temporary custody hearings.
- Assist with planning and scheduling volunteer training classes.
- Assist with recruiting instructors for volunteer training classes.
- Facilitate and instruct classes as required.
- Ensure potential volunteers complete all initial volunteer training aspects required by the National CASA Standards.
- Assist with monthly volunteer in-service.
- Speak at PRIDE training when scheduled.
- Recruit and train volunteers as needed to take notes in court.
- Responsible for management and supervision of Custer County and Fall River County cases.
- Meet with Southern Hills States Attorneys, DSS staff, and County Court staff as needed.
- Assist with recruitment of new volunteers.
- Assist with special events as deemed necessary.
- Assist with administrative duties when necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
For more information, please contact Kehala Two Bulls at 605.394.2203 or email@example.com.
Good Samaritan Society St. Martin Village is now accepting applications for various positions, including:
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Certified Medication Aide (various shifts)
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aid
Good Samaritan Society St. Martin Village is a Senior Living community that includes Twin Homes, Apartment Homes with services, Assisted Living Apartments, and a 30-bed Skilled Nursing where Residents enjoy numerous amenities and opportunities to socialize while living a comfortable, maintenance free lifestyle. St. Martin Village is located in the beautiful Hidden Valley on the Northwest side of Rapid City just off of Sturgis Road.
Applications and complete job descriptions are available at: www.good-sam.com.
For more information, please contact Loren Mohr at 605-721-6052 or Bob Phillips at 605-721-6160.
Good Samaritan Society – Echo Ridge, located on the south side of Rapid City, is currently seeking a caring and dedicated team member to fill the position of a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). To qualify, you must be a current CNA or be eligible to take the State certification exam. Starting wages range from $13.00 to $14.35 (depending on experience). They also provide shift differential of $1.00 for night shift. Working every other weekend is required.
Good Samaritan Society Echo Ridge is a Senior Living community that offers Apartment Homes with Services and Assisted Living Apartments where Residents are blessed with a beautiful setting and opportunities to socialize while living a comfortable, maintenance free lifestyle.
Applications and a complete job description are available at www.good-sam.com.
For more information, please contact Loren Mohr at 605-721-6052.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a temporary, full-time, Service to the Armed Forces Program Specialist to support the Service to the Armed Forces program in Rapid City, SD. This is a temporary position that will be scheduled 40 hours per week, starting in January 2019, and is estimated to last for approximately 7 months.
The Service to the Armed Forces Regional Program Specialist supports the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through working with volunteers and other Red Cross departments to support strong visibility for the Service to the Armed Forces programs within the community. This position will be located in Rapid City, but will also involve the regular travel necessary to cover programs throughout North and South Dakota.
Relationship Management Support and Community Outreach: Supports building relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
Volunteer Management Support: Supports a volunteer program to meet the workforce model and to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Assists in the supervision of volunteer staff. Works closely with Regional Volunteer Services to develop and implement strategic regional SAF volunteer program. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
Service Delivery: Ensures the delivery of SAF core services to all clients within their jurisdiction. Supports the other lines of ARC service to ensure the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response, and Red Cross Blood Services. Services may include use of case management system, presenting briefings, collection of data, providing needed materials, and outreach within the community.
Reporting & Admin Support: Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field; or relevant equivalent experience is preferred. Associate’s degree with 5 years of experience or other combination of education and experience which provides an equivalent background is acceptable.
Experience: A minimum of three years related experience is required. Viable candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
Requires strong computer and public speaking skills, and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment, and the ability to balance multiple priorities. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is desired. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is also strongly desired. Must have valid driver’s license to fulfill the travel component of this position.
To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs.
Position Title: Mechanical Engineering Machinist (Equipment Technician)
Appointment Type: Regular
Company: The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
Location: Rapid City, SD
Estimated Salary or Wage: $16.61+ hourly, depending upon education and experience
Date application window opens: Currently
Date application window closes: Until filled
Employer contact information: Individuals interested in this position must apply online at http://www.sdsmt.edu/employment. Human Resources can provide accommodation to the online application process and may be reached at (605) 394-1203.
The Primary Job Functions Include:
- Work with machine shop staff and assist in day to day operations of the machine shop including: fabricating parts, maintenance and repair of shop equipment, and student training
- Assist students with project manufacturing
- Set-up and run of manual mills and lathes
- Set-up and run CNC mills and lathes
- Set-up and run welding and cutting processes
- Set-up and run of CNC plasma cutting operations
- Report to Lab Coordinator
- Experience with maintaining shop equipment
- Experience with basic hand tools
- Basic auto mechanical/engine knowledge
- Basic math and trigonometry knowledge
- Comfortable teaching and interacting with college age students of various ethnic, religious, social and cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to share knowledge
- Ability to interpret detail piece part and assembly drawings
- Desire to be methodical, precise and accurate
- A team player with a positive attitude
- An aptitude for mechanical devices and systems
- Ability and desire to train and/or self- train in all areas in area of primary job functions to reach a level of proficiency
Additional requirements: A valid driver’s license is required.