Multiple Job Openings in Rapid CityPosted: November 21, 2019
Black Hills Regional Job Fair
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11am – 5pm
Save the Date!
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
In collaboration with South Dakota Association of College Career Centers (SDACCC)
Job Openings – No Degree Required
- Cashiers (Part Time) – Restaurant Associates – Panera Bread – Rapid City, SD
You will be a part of something special where you will have the opportunity to connect with our amazing customers, impact our growing business, and most importantly serve your local community.
- Grocery Clerk & Night Stocker Positions (Part Time) – Safeway (Albertson’s) – Rapid City, SD
As a Grocery Clerk, some of your duties will include ordering, stocking, and rotating product. You will assist with creating and maintaining shopping displays for our customers as well as a neat, clean, and organized back storage room.
As a Night Stocker you will face merchandise on shelves in our retail grocery store. Open cases of merchandise using a company approved box cutter. Place individual items on shelves in specified location. Responsible for store security.
- Pharmacy Technician in Training (Part Time) – Walmart – Rapid City, SD
Your local Rapid City, SD Walmart Supercenter is hiring a Pharmacy Tech in Training! We offer a comprehensive training program geared toward a career as a CRPhT.
- Activity Assistant (Part Time) – Good Samaritan Society – Rapid City, SD
This position is responsible for providing activities that meet residents’ needs. Assist in developing plans for programming that meet residents’ needs.
- Team Member (Part Time) – Caribou Coffee – Rapid City, SD
Our Team Members are the first person that our guests see when they arrive at our locations! This role greets guests, takes orders and payment, prepares and delivers amazing coffee, bagels and other food products!
- Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Temporary/Part Time) – Ketel Thorstenson, LLP – Rapid City, SD
Ketel Thorstenson, LLP is currently looking for a seasonal Administrative Assistant to join the firm. The assistant will work 30-40 hours per week for tax season (end of January through April 15th) plus any additional hours as needed.
- Teller (Part Time) – Wells Fargo Bank – Rapid City, SD
As a teller at Wells Fargo you will spend your time interacting with customers focused on providing exceptional customer service and building relationships. You will engage customers in conversations and share ways Wells Fargo can help to meet their financial needs.
Apply at: https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/job/-/-/1251/14022202?utm_content=pj_board&utm_campaign=veterans%20-%20teller&utm_medium=jobad&ss=paid&p_uid=wXQMbByGss&p_sid=ch0zgAb&utm_source=indeed&dclid=CLWUwuu_5-UCFQZ3AQodmwALJg
- Substitute Teachers (Part Time) – Rapid City Area Schools – Rapid City, SD
To apply: Please visit www.rcas.org and select the ‘Careers’ link. APPLICATIONS THROUGH INDEED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
RETIRED Rapid City Area Teacher/administrator $115 per day
Certified (In state/out of State; current or expired) $110 per day
Bachelor’s degree $90 per day
Less than Bachelors $85 per Day
Hourly Subbing $11.25 per hour
For more information, please visit www.rcas.org
- Residential Treatment Counselor (Part Time) – Children’s Home Society of South Dakota – Rapid City, SD
Help Us. Help Others. Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference? the Black Hills Children’s Home, a program of Children’s Home Society, in Rapid City, SD, is currently seeking a PT Residential Treatment Counselor. We empower children to overcome the trauma that has affected their lives and guide families toward strength and safety.
Experience/Education/Skills: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree, or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Cashier (Part Time) – Job Order Number 1851717 – Ellsworth AFB, SD
As a Cashier, your enthusiasm for helping guests will provide a friendly and efficient checkout experience. You’ll help guests feel welcomed and become a multitasking superstar – starting conversations, making connections, and efficiently serving each guest will be your expertise.
To Apply: https://www.southdakotaworks.org/jobbanks/vosjobhowto.asp?enc=Esjh7/cIRrYgd5i2K6p65U8QC1t1beSdzaFCYoHuqs8DxyHwHF4xv2oFYnkvvuqsb82W9huO7Cgau2fMjTxKqu+sCXlMcs5L5Jtg5vwGxVdDRiNxRur64/6n6fU2xkTT5Uyowv7bdeakOF3gdeZVUVVz3OIIk86oUDfepMuo2zFS/FH9qGZz8FcLRwSAYnoFhy40kStYUCJ/NhKPz9YNgvmy3vIFgaSjyVbXFco+CX3U1pvPMBWLEsYbn0Z34E3Tu+e7gLU2EXrjKjz8gp/+vQ==
- Tax Intern (Summer 2020) Black Hills Corp – Rapid City, SD
Support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Tax Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the interns ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
PAY: $17.00 per hour (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
- College junior or above working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- No experience required.
- Human Resources Intern (Summer 2020) – Black Hills Corp – Rapid City, SD
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform Human Resources related tasks, projects and research across all functions of the department (Total Rewards, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development and Employee/Labor Relations).
- Handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources team.
- Current student (3rd year status) or recent graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human
- Accounting Intern (Summer 2020) – Black Hills Corp – Rapid City, SD
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and to enhance the image of the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Provide support to other departments as scheduled by the Director – Assistant Corporate Controller or other management staff.
- Assist all levels of management and staff in interpreting the information you produce.
- Prepare reports for other areas of the Finance and Accounting Department or other departments.
- College student close to graduation working toward a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance or recent graduate with an Accounting or Finance degree.
- Accounting Intern (2019-3771) PAID – Daktronics – Brookings, SD
Internship runs from January 13, 2020 – August 14, 2020 OR May 18, 2020 – December 18, 2020. An individual in our Accounting Internship position may experience the following areas:
- General ledger accounting and SEC reporting: ◦Assist with month-end closing processes. ◦Journal entry maintenance. ◦Accounts receivable and accounts payable duties, preparation of schedules for SEC filings and financial statement preparation. ◦Assist with financial statement audit and internal control audits.
- Cost Accounting: ◦Assist with month-end reconciliation process. ◦Maintain key reports for manufacturing and inventory items. ◦Assist in analysis of labor and overhead rates.
Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship. Duration of internship will be a summer and a semester or a semester and a summer. Must be pursuing coursework that will lead to the completion of an accounting degree.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship. Required GPA of 3.0 or greater. •Three or more years of education at the time the internship begins.
- Avid interest in accounting and tax operations. •Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
To apply, please visit our website www.daktronics.com
(Hover over Menu, locate the Our Company section, and click on Employment. Click on Search Open Jobs and enter keyword ‘2019-3771’ Click on the Job Title link to review, then follow instructions to apply! You will need an electronic copy of your resume and an unofficial transcript. If you have these items in the cloud, you may apply with mobile device.)
- Graphic Design Intern (Summer 2020) – Black Hills Corp – Rapid City, SD
We are looking for a responsible, self-motivated graphic design intern that will partner with other design staff to conceptualize and execute design solutions for internal and external integrated marketing programs. This individual will also be collaborating with internal clients to ensure all concepts support the business strategy and leverage the Black Hills Energy brand.
PAY: $17.00 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
- Junior or Senior in Graphic Design.
- Business Analyst Intern (PeopleSoft ERP Support) – Part-Time Fall Intern – Black Hills Corp – Rapid City, SD
This internship will support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Accounting Systems (AS) Department. The AS Department is responsible for implementation, maintenance and development of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, supporting supply chain and financial departments. The assigned projects will be consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the interns ability to apply his/her education in a business environment. This position will be approximately 15 to 20 hours per week.
PAY: $17.00 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
In the process of completing an Associates or Bachelor degree program preferably with classes relating to Accounting or Computer programming.
- Management Intern – Menard, Inc – Rapid City, SD
The Management Internship is a paid, hands-on training experience at our Dakota Panel facility in Rapid City, SD. If selected for the Program, you will be placed in one of our departments to work directly with an experienced management team. They will teach you the necessary skills to be successful with Midwest Manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to develop stronger organizational, communication and time management skills, as well as the opportunity to gain hands-on management experience.
To qualify for the Management Internship, you must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in one of the below concentrations. Additionally, you must have open availability to work 40 hours per week during the summer or 20-32 per week during the academic school year, and have a desire to pursue a management career. You must possess enthusiasm and the drive to be successful! We are looking for only the best and brightest for our Program!
- BMS Internship Program – Behavior Management Systems – Rapid City, SD
BMS internships for counselors provide a thorough, practical experience that can only be obtained in an agency-based work setting. Our program will provide mental health internship cohorts with the skills necessary to prepare them for the community behavioral health counseling field.
Interns will learn to:
- Apply the understanding of general principles and methods of case conceptualization, assessment of mental and emotional status, and diagnostic techniques by integration of technological strategies and applications within counseling processes.
- Apply advanced skills, including assessment and theoretical and philosophical bases of counseling, within the professional work setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of prevention techniques and resources applicable to clients served while utilizing the ability to identify and clarify a tentative personal theoretical counseling approach.
- Acquire and demonstrate adequate knowledge of available referral sources utilized by BMS counseling professionals within the regional catchment area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how administrative policies, procedures, and clinical practices affect the potential legal aspects and risks to the clinician and to BMS.
Apply at: https://www.bmscares.org/internships
- GPTCHB Internship Program – Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board – Rapid City, SD
Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board offers a variety of meaningful internships to undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of fields during the summer months. Take advantage of the unique opportunity to work with the tribal nations of the Great Plains, while learning valuable and transferable skills to jumpstart your career.
Students applying for and participating in the intern program must:
- Currently be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student on at least a half-time schedule at an accredited college, university, or vocational-technical program (recent graduates will be considered on a case-by-case basis);
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Begin the internship with junior standing or above. If you attend a vocational/technical school, you must have at least completed the first year of your program, at least nine months, by the beginning of the internship;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills;
- Agree to and abide by the rules and regulations of the intern program and GPTCHB policies and procedures; and
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing technology, including:
- Office software suite knowledge (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Email usage (sending messages and attachments)