VRC Metal Systems Facility ManagerPosted: May 10, 2019
Job Title: FACILITIES MANAGER
FLSA Status: Exempt – full time
Prepared Date: APRIL 23, 2019
SUMMARY: This person will be responsible for maintaining efficient and functional facilities for VRC. They will be responsible for the efficient operation of VRC facilities and systems permanently installed in those facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Maintain mechanical systems and equipment
- Monitor cleanliness and functionality of the buildings
- Responsible for IT, facility supplies, communications, printing, and janitorial services contracts
- Perform landscaping, snow/ice removal, and other outside tasks as necessary
- Perform periodic maintenance on assigned equipment
- Maintain records of periodic maintenance requirements
- Incidental cleaning in the common areas of the building
- Responsible for building safety and security
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
May supervise employees such as IT Technicians and other facilities employees.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Two years’ experience in facilities management
- Experience in automated HVAC systems and management preferred
- Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, brochures, and sales documents
- Write routine reports, correspondence, inventory summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
- Ability to speak effectively in English on the phone and in person with vendors
- Proficient: basic math skills with high attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel at an intermediate level
- Proficient in electronic forms of communication including email, web searching, and data organization
- Ability to quickly learn computer applications, such as facility management software and automated HVAC control systems
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Use mathematical skills to interpret inventory information and prepare budgets
- Read and interpret inventory records and statistical reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs. The employee must be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
Inside/Outside: Much of the work will be accomplished in a heated and air-conditioned facility, however, a significant number of responsibilities may require work be performed in outside conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with internal customers and external vendors and customers, and accept constructive criticism
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.