Supervisor of Security – Rapid City Regional HealthPosted: April 23, 2019
Supervisor of Security
- The Supervisor is responsible for all security officers and for ensuring the department is appropriately staffed so that all patients, staff and visitors are safe and secure. The Supervisor shall ensure that all security officers are doing their job well and that operations are running smoothly and effectively. It is distinguished from the Security Manager in that incumbents in the Manager classification manage the overall security program (not supervise), requiring management to be the overriding function. Incumbents in the Security Supervisor classification supervise others, but also perform some regular security duties as a main function. Security Supervisors are distinguished from Security Officers and Shift Leaders in that they are required to maintain flexible work schedules in order to accommodate evenings and weekend duties.
- Supervise a team of security officers.
- Arrange all shifts, weekly offs, leaves and etc. for security officers.
- Assigns security officers their duties and is in charge of monitoring the CCTVs.
- Routinely inspect vulnerable or high risk areas.
- Make surprise inspections to see if all security officers are in their assigned posts.
- Train all new security officers regarding all the security protocols.
- Provides reoccurring training needs of all security officers.
- Prepares and submits all security officer performance evaluations.
- Works with Security Manager to implement security program directives.
- Prepares comprehensive security reports for management.
- Ensures all security systems, such as the CCTV, proxy readers, alarms and etc. are working properly and reports any breakdowns for the security system to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education – High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certifications – Driver’s License – State; Rapid City Security License – City of Rapid City
Education – Associates degree in Business Administration
Experience – 5+ years of Security/Safety Experience; 3+ years of Microsoft Office Word Excel and PowerPoint; 1+ years of Education Trainer Experience
To be considered, please click the following link
or visit our website at https://regionalhealth.org/careers and search for R7101.