Telework Technical Support RepresentativesPosted: April 17, 2019
Non-MSEP employer Transom is hiring multiple 100% telework Technical Support Representatives.
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences.
The organizational point of contact is Ms. Amber Phillips at email@example.com.
Position Title: Technical Support Representative
https://na.transcom.com/en/open-positions/work-home-technical-supportrepresentativePosition Responsibilities: You’ll be the friendly voice of our Telecommunications client to support their
customers with smartphones, tablets, and computers. As a CSR, you’ll listen to the caller and use your
technical expertise, and passion for outstanding customer service, to answer questions about products
and services, or troubleshoot technical issues to find solutions.
• Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
• Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
• Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
• Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
• Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
where you work remotely with coworkers and supervisors from the comfort of your home.
• At least 18 years or older
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Able to work a minimum of 40 hours a week
• Able to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs (including evenings,
weekends, and holidays)
• Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
• Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
• Able to multi-task applications while talking to customers on the phone
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
• Previous call center, tech support, and work from home experience preferred
• *Must live and work in one of the following states:
o AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH,
OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
• Performance bonus opportunities
• Position as a Transcom employee (not independent contractor)
• Improved Work / Life balance with paid time off (PTO)
• Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision
• 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
• 100% work at home, including training
• Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
• An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
Home Office Requirements:
• Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer and monitor for this position. The computer
contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
• You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting
responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include
caring for a family member)
• Your home office must have DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router
via Ethernet (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
Ping less than 100 ms
• You must provide a compatible headset. The headset must have a 3.5mm connection audio
port using either a quick-disconnect (QD) or a dedicated 3.5mm wire from the headset. It
must also have a noise-cancelling boom microphone. The following are examples of
acceptable headsets with approximate prices.
Logitech Stereo Headset H111 – Cost approx. $10.00
VTIN Headset with Microphone – Cost approx. $25.00
Plantronics RIG 100HS Camo Headset for PlayStation 4 – Cost approx. $24.00