MSEP partner, Raytheon is hosting a Military Spouse Virtual Hiring Fair on May 15th, 2019 from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. ET. They will provide an opportunity for job seekers to chat one-on-one online from anywhere with their hiring team. For more details and to register for the event, please visit the following website:
The organizational point of contact is Ms. Marie Totah and she may be reached at email@example.com.
|Register||Create your account and fill out the event registration form.|
|Explore:||Login any time before the event to learn more about Raytheon opportunities.|
|On the event date and time, login and join the live session from anywhere.
|Connect:||During the live event, you’ll be matched in one-on-one timed chats with Raytheon representatives!|
Supervisor of Security
- The Supervisor is responsible for all security officers and for ensuring the department is appropriately staffed so that all patients, staff and visitors are safe and secure. The Supervisor shall ensure that all security officers are doing their job well and that operations are running smoothly and effectively. It is distinguished from the Security Manager in that incumbents in the Manager classification manage the overall security program (not supervise), requiring management to be the overriding function. Incumbents in the Security Supervisor classification supervise others, but also perform some regular security duties as a main function. Security Supervisors are distinguished from Security Officers and Shift Leaders in that they are required to maintain flexible work schedules in order to accommodate evenings and weekend duties.
- Supervise a team of security officers.
- Arrange all shifts, weekly offs, leaves and etc. for security officers.
- Assigns security officers their duties and is in charge of monitoring the CCTVs.
- Routinely inspect vulnerable or high risk areas.
- Make surprise inspections to see if all security officers are in their assigned posts.
- Train all new security officers regarding all the security protocols.
- Provides reoccurring training needs of all security officers.
- Prepares and submits all security officer performance evaluations.
- Works with Security Manager to implement security program directives.
- Prepares comprehensive security reports for management.
- Ensures all security systems, such as the CCTV, proxy readers, alarms and etc. are working properly and reports any breakdowns for the security system to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education – High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certifications – Driver’s License – State; Rapid City Security License – City of Rapid City
Education – Associates degree in Business Administration
Experience – 5+ years of Security/Safety Experience; 3+ years of Microsoft Office Word Excel and PowerPoint; 1+ years of Education Trainer Experience
To be considered, please click the following link
or visit our website at https://regionalhealth.org/careers and search for R7101.
Vision First is seeking a full time Optical Technician in Rapid City. This position will work in conjunction with the doctor and team to facilitate, support and maintain optimum patient care.
Accuracy and attention to detail are very important. This position is responsible for collecting and inputting clinical data necessary for the visual health and performance of the patient. This position is responsible for chairside assistance, including but not limited to, scribing for the doctor during the patient exam.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Responsible for all pre-testing needed prior to doctor seeing patient.
*Takes case history, performs visual acuity distance and near, stereopsis and color vision testing.
*Enters all clinical data collected into the electronic medical record in real time.
*Attendance and dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldon absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
*Communication and contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the practice; able to effectively provide training to patients.
*Preferred one year’s experience as an optometric technician, but will to train.
*Must have computer skills and the ability to learn the EMR system.
*Strong ability to multi-task with high degree of accuracy, attention to detail a must.
*Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
*Superior verbal and written skills
*Strong interpersonal skills essential
*Able to transition and think operationally.
TO APPLY: Please email resume Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRCS GS-0303 Administrative Support Assistant Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans: Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)Posted: April 22, 2019
This is a call for resumes, by close of business (COB) on Monday, May 6th, for:
- A Special Hiring Authority opportunity with one (1) job location in Brookings, SD.
- The position will be part-time 24 hours, up to 40 hours full time, permanent position with USDA/Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).
- SD NRCS desires to fill this position by utilizing Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans: Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
- This position will not be advertised in USAJOBS at this time.
- The job will be for an Administrative Support Assistant (ASA) requiring education and/or experience to meet NRCS GS-0303 series (Clerical and Administrative Support Positions). This position calls for at least one year of specialized experience.
- Duties include: Office job with computer responsibilities completing; travel, purchasing, and timesheets.
- Position pay grade is GS-5 with Full Performance Level of 6.
- Please have all interested student veterans, clients or post members submit their resume and redacted DD-214 member 4 to Steve Maras, NRCS Veterans Special Emphasis Program Manager, email to: email@example.com
- If there are questions specific to the position, please contact Michelle Burke, NRCS Assistant State Conservationist (ASTC) for Field Operations, Brookings, at (605) 692-2344 Extension 108.
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) is an excepted authority that allows an agency to non-competitively appoint an eligible veteran. If you:
- Served during a war or are in receipt of a campaign badge for service in a campaign or expedition; OR
- are a disabled veteran, OR
- are in receipt of an Armed Forces Service Medal (includes the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal)for participation in a military operation, OR
- are a recently separated veteran (within 3 years of discharge), AND
- separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge).
You can be appointed under this authority at any grade level up to and including a GS-11 or equivalent. This is an excepted service appointment. Upon satisfactory completion of 2 years of substantially continuous service, you will be converted to the competitive service. If an agency has two or more VRA candidates and at least one is preference eligible, the veterans’ preference procedures of 5 CFR, part 302 of OPM’s regulations must be applied when using the VRA authority.
Agencies may also use VRA to fill temporary (not to exceed 1 year) or term (more than 1 year but not to exceed 4 years) positions. If you are employed in a temporary or term position under VRA, you will not be converted to the competitive service after 2 years.
There is no limit to the number of times you can apply under VRA, as long as you meet the definition of a covered veteran under applicable law.
You must provide acceptable documentation of your preference or appointment eligibility. The member 4 copy of your DD214, “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,” is preferable. If claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a Standard Form (SF-15 (PDF file)), “Application for 10-point Veterans’ Preference.”
Non-MSEP employer Transom is hiring multiple 100% telework Technical Support Representatives.
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences.
The organizational point of contact is Ms. Amber Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Technical Support Representative
https://na.transcom.com/en/open-positions/work-home-technical-supportrepresentativePosition Responsibilities: You’ll be the friendly voice of our Telecommunications client to support their
customers with smartphones, tablets, and computers. As a CSR, you’ll listen to the caller and use your
technical expertise, and passion for outstanding customer service, to answer questions about products
and services, or troubleshoot technical issues to find solutions.
• Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
• Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
• Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
• Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
• Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
where you work remotely with coworkers and supervisors from the comfort of your home.
• At least 18 years or older
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Able to work a minimum of 40 hours a week
• Able to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs (including evenings,
weekends, and holidays)
• Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
• Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
• Able to multi-task applications while talking to customers on the phone
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
• Previous call center, tech support, and work from home experience preferred
• *Must live and work in one of the following states:
o AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH,
OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
• Performance bonus opportunities
• Position as a Transcom employee (not independent contractor)
• Improved Work / Life balance with paid time off (PTO)
• Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision
• 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
• 100% work at home, including training
• Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
• An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
Home Office Requirements:
• Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer and monitor for this position. The computer
contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
• You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting
responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include
caring for a family member)
• Your home office must have DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router
via Ethernet (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
Ping less than 100 ms
• You must provide a compatible headset. The headset must have a 3.5mm connection audio
port using either a quick-disconnect (QD) or a dedicated 3.5mm wire from the headset. It
must also have a noise-cancelling boom microphone. The following are examples of
acceptable headsets with approximate prices.
Logitech Stereo Headset H111 – Cost approx. $10.00
VTIN Headset with Microphone – Cost approx. $25.00
Plantronics RIG 100HS Camo Headset for PlayStation 4 – Cost approx. $24.00
During the month of April, the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program office will host several events that we would like to invite military spouses to attend. Please review the following information for more details about each event and for registration procedures to join the discussions.
To join the LinkedIn discussions, participants will need to have a LinkedIn profile and request approval to join the MSEP Spouse Group page at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4159976. Once approved, members can join all group discussions hosted by the MSEP Spouse Group. We find the link works better using Google Chrome versus Internet Explorer
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership Partner Facebook Live
Please join us on Thursday, April 18 at 3 p.m. ET for a Facebook Live event with featured employer, Strategic Staffing Solutions, an international provider of information technology and business services with industry experience in financial services, insurance, health care and energy/utility sectors.
To RSVP to attend, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/2194145337582059/.
If you or military spouses in your community are interested, but are not able to attend, you can check out the thread and find more information by clicking on https://www.facebook.com/DoDMilSpouse/events/.
- Virtual Military Spouse Symposium – April 24 and 25, 2019
Register to attend the 2019 Virtual Military Spouse Symposium. No matter where you are in your career, this two-day event can help you sharpen the skills you need for your next pursuit. Write attention-grabbing resumes, ace your interview, get tips for negotiating a salary and much more.
At 3 p.m. ET each day, the VMSS concludes with a Facebook Live session with MSEP employers. Please make plans to join us to learn more about opportunities with Accurate Personnel on Wednesday, April 24, and Wayfair on Thursday, April 25.
To learn more about the available sessions and to RSVP, please visit https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/portal/spousesymposium.
- Pay for College with Scholarships Tailored Just for You!
Make college more affordable by using MySECO’s Scholarship Finder to search through more than 90 scholarships carefully chosen just for you. Browse our database of financial resources offered specifically to military spouses and family members to make paying for college fast and easy.