Full Time Civil Engineering TechnicianPosted: March 11, 2019
***UPDATE***This is a call for resumes, by close of business (COB) on Monday, March 25 for:
- A Special Hiring Authority opportunity with one (1) job location: in Mitchell, SD
- The position will be a full time, permanent position with USDA/Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- SD NRCS desires to fill this position by utilizing Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans: Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA).
- This position will not be advertised in USAJOBS at this time.
- The job will be for a Civil Engineering Technician (CET) requiring educational and/ or experience to meet NRCS GS-0802 series (Civil Engineering Technician). Select a link under “related information” for additional pertinent details.
- Duties include: The Civil Engineering Technician provides engineering assistance while working with landowners\producers to plan and apply a variety of conservation practices in a multi county geographical area. The employee assists engineers with surveying, drafting (AutoCAD), design computations, construction plans and specifications, construction inspection and completion of as-built documentation and reports.
- Position pay grade is GS-5 with Full Performance Level of 8. IF A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT QUALIFIES AT A GS LEVEL ABOVE GS-05, THEN APPLICANT WILL START AT A HIGHER GS LEVEL.
- Please have all interested student veterans or SD DOL clients submit their resume and/ or redacted DD-214 member 4 to Steve Maras, NRCS Veterans Special Emphasis Program Manager, email to: email@example.com
- For more information about the job, please contact Dana Edwards, Area Engineer, NRCS Pierre Field Support Office, at 605-301-3421.