Part Time Accounting ClerkPosted: February 26, 2019
Classification Non-Exempt (Hourly)/Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Reports to VP, Business Manager & HR
Date February 26, 2019
This position is responsible for recording financial transactions, including processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, posting information to accounting journals from source documents such as invoices, receipts, and vouchers. Position may also assist in reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Review all incoming invoices, bills and vouchers for accuracy and obtain appropriate manager approval for processing and recording.
- Process accounts payable by creating AP Vouchers within the company’s accounting software system, recording debits and credits to correct General Ledger accounts.
- Generate check disbursement, obtain approval from Controller, print check from accounting system, and secure authorized signature. Mail or deliver payments to intended recipients.
- Reconcile AP invoices for travel accounts, company credit cards, vendor purchase cards, assuring receipts and statements balance and are correctly documented.
- Verify front office cash box.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Deltek Vision® accounting software package.
- Ability to work within automated accounting software systems, with ability to learn and utilize new technologies proficiently; must be able to work proficiently in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Ethical Conduct
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Time Management, with ability to meet specific deadlines
- Organization Skills
- Financial Management
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, multi-line phones, multifunctional printing devices, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard work days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Flexibility in schedule considered if job duties are satisfactorily met.
This position does not require travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to work in the United States.
As a federal contractor, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Persons with a Disability. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or other characteristic protected under applicable Federal and State laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
P: (605) 342-9470
F: (605) 342-2377