Electrical EngineerPosted: February 26, 2019
Reports to Design Lead
Date February 26, 2019
Candidate works independently and as a consulting engineer on various architectural, civil and landscape projects as assigned.
The Electrical Engineer for FourFront Design is an experienced engineer who can define a project, develop a set of tasks to accomplish the project, coordinate and monitor the work involved in the tasks, and deliver a final product on time and within prescribed budget. This individual must have a general understanding of all electrical systems including facility power, electrical distribution, lighting and special systems ideally in commercial, healthcare, educational, and federal facilities.
This position is responsible for recording financial transactions, including processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, posting information to accounting journals from source documents such as invoices, receipts, and vouchers. Position may also assist in reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Assess the requirements of the client’s needs; manage the design and production aspects of the project.
- Function as the electrical project manager and/or electrical project engineer; responsible for design, planning, organizing and directing the activities of EE for FourFront projects.
- Develop and maintain design standards that coordinate with current company standards. Responsible for management of electrical design Quality Control procedures.
- Promote and provide expertise in sustainable design practices as required by the project.
- Review design and construction budgets and schedules, manage work accordingly.
- Determine electrical design and project scope, budget and staffing requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and ordnances. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assign and review work where required and provide coordination with multiple disciplines.
- Provide construction administrative reviews, application for payment reviews, prompt reports and required coordination.
- Interpret the intent of electrical contract drawings and specifications for the Client, General Contractor, Building Inspector and other interested parties.
- Prepare and distribute schedules, shop drawings and samples.
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals.
- Reviews contracts, invoices, and other project documentation before distribution to the client.
- Coordinates work of outside consultants in the area of electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years previous electrical design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineering license required. Willingness to apply for additional licensure when appropriate and/or required for work the region.
- Enough knowledge of LEED principles to become LEED accredited.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit MEP required; Visual-3D helpful.
- Thorough command of software applications including Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and temperament to work effectively and accurately to meet deadlines.
The Electrical Engineer reports the Design Department Lead.
Interaction and coordination with senior leadership, project managers, and technical staff required.
Interaction with community and client representatives.
This position does not supervise subordinate staff.
This job operates primarily in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, multi-line phones, multifunctional printing devices, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional visits to job sites required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is largely a sedentary role.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard work days and hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Flexibility in schedule considered if job duties are satisfactorily met.
This position may require occasional travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to work in the United States.
As a federal contractor, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Persons with a Disability. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or other characteristic protected under applicable Federal and State laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, the company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
P: (605) 342-9470
F: (605) 342-2377