The VA Black Hills Health Care System has posted a job vacancy for a Program Specialist. Please note this position is open to current or former competitive service federal employees, current excepted service federal employees, and veterans.
To view this announcement in USAJobs and to apply follow this link:
Crew Training International (CTI) has an opening for a Mission Planning Specialist – Location: Indian Springs, Nevada
For more information and to apply:
There is a temporary SAF Program Specialist at Red Cross in Rapid City, SD.
You can find more information and apply at:
The Seventh Circuit Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is currently looking for a full-time Volunteer Coordinator. The position is 35 hours a week and offers benefits.
Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field or two years of related work experience desired. Organizational, computer and leadership skills; initiative and a willingness to work with people required. Must exhibit sound judgment, a professional attitude, and excellent verbal and written skills. Must have a desire to create effective long-term strategies to enhance the capacity of advocating and the CASA effort. Must be willing to work varied hours.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
– Successful completion of criminal background investigation and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check.
Job Responsibilities include:
Case Management/Volunteer Supervision
- Supervise up to 30 volunteers in Pennington, Custer and Fall River Counties.
- Finalize volunteer applicant screening process after swearing in.
- Conduct interview on volunteer applicant.
- Research volunteer preferences for case assignment.
- Prepare Orders of Appointment/Release for court.
- Notify all parties of CASA assignment.
- Mail/e-mail all notices and correspondence to the CASA.
- Maintain a file for each CASA volunteer and case assigned.
- Inform CASA volunteers of all hearings concerning their case.
- Maintain monthly contact with active volunteers/quarterly contact with inactive volunteers.
- Assist volunteer with preparation of court reports and distribute to attorneys, DSS and Judge.
- Accompany volunteer to court hearings, staffing, and other case related activities as deemed necessary or go in their place if they are absent.
- Maintain positive working relationship with DSS, Attorneys, Foster Parents, Parents, Kinship providers, and any other necessary parties.
- Attend court hearings when necessary.
- Enter information and maintain cases that are assigned/unassigned in CASA Manager.
- Monitor and ensure records are updated on unassigned cases until assignment of an advocate.
- Ensure in-service hours are documented and recorded in CASA Manager.
- Enter petitions after attendance of temporary custody hearings.
- Assist with planning and scheduling volunteer training classes.
- Assist with recruiting instructors for volunteer training classes.
- Facilitate and instruct classes as required.
- Ensure potential volunteers complete all initial volunteer training aspects required by the National CASA Standards.
- Assist with monthly volunteer in-service.
- Speak at PRIDE training when scheduled.
- Recruit and train volunteers as needed to take notes in court.
- Responsible for management and supervision of Custer County and Fall River County cases.
- Meet with Southern Hills States Attorneys, DSS staff, and County Court staff as needed.
- Assist with recruitment of new volunteers.
- Assist with special events as deemed necessary.
- Assist with administrative duties when necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
For more information, please contact Kehala Two Bulls at 605.394.2203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.