Billing/Sales Specialist with AssurantPosted: July 25, 2018
Position Title: Billing/Sales Specialist
Position Type: Full
Salary/Wage: Billing Team = $11.30 + commission/incentives (rate could vary depending on experience)
Sales Team = $9.50 + commission/incentives (potential starts around $40K+)
Date application window opens: Currently Open
Date application window closes: On-Going (several classes lined up)
Employer contact information (apply online at https://jobs.assurant.com/job/rapid-city/billing-sales-specialist-i/114/8524762. Reach out to Michael McKeithan if interested firstname.lastname@example.org).
Position description: https://jobs.assurant.com/job/rapid-city/billing-sales-specialist-i/114/8524762
Billing/Sales Specialist ~ Partner with Consumers to Administer Payments and Resolve Billing Issues…plus Sales Product
Offerings = Extra Bonus Potential!!
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a hard working team that likes to have fun while focusing on outstanding world class
service – GREAT TEAM ENVIRONMENT!
We need YOU to help support the organization’s extended warranty contracts by providing superior customer service
to those who have purchased an extended warranty contract for various consumer goods. You will collect pertinent
information for the customer over the phone and help them solve their sometimes complex billing issues. You will
research, process and determine insurance coverage on each claim by examining forms, policies, and other records as
provided by claimant and other agencies or resources.
– Receive and answer customer questions and resolve customer concerns relating to claims, warranties, and product
– Coordinate service for customers using various providers to resolve the customers’ concerns
– Maintain and update customer account records as needed
– Forward suspected fraudulent and questionable claims to appropriate personnel
– Coordinate with immediate supervisor or other personnel as needed to resolve claims and issues not of routine nature
– Attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions to maintain and update product knowledge
– Maintain professionalism with all contacts, both internal and external
– Perform other job duties as directed by supervisor
– After you are trained on the billing side you will be able assist with Product Offerings on the calls which could lead to a
nice monthly bonus
– High school diploma or GED equivalent
– Minimum of 6 months previous customer service experience
– Must have sales aptitude to create sales opportunities when talking to existing contract holders by offering renewal or
other products for coverage
– Excellent customer service and communication skills
– Proficient with computers, typing, and entering data within multiple screens
– Must be able to work any 40 hour shift between the hours of 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
– Must be able to work some Saturday hours if needed
– Previous experience providing customer service in a call center environment
– Bilingual a plus!
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance,
401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant Solutions businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance, extended service
contracts and other risk management solutions through collaborative relationships with leading financial institutions,
retailers, automobile dealers, funeral homes, manufacturers, wireless carriers and other entities. With operations in 25
locations, including executive offices in Atlanta, GA., Assurant Solutions serves clients and their customers in 12 countries
throughout North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and Asia. http://www.assurantsolutions.com/
Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North
America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses — Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property,
Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits — partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built
leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange
under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant
has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York’s financial district. http://
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment
with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal,
state, or local law.