Contracted Grant Writer, Temporary PositionPosted: July 11, 2018
Contracted Grant Writer
Black Hills Regional Homeless Coalition
Contracted, Temporary, Roughly 120-hour commitment
Purpose of Black Hills Regional Homeless Coalition:
To address the needs of those without homes and work toward the prevention of homelessness in the Black Hills Region and the state of South Dakota, by bringing in representatives from local nonprofit agencies to collaborate on various projects and outreach activities.
Basic Role of Grant Writer:
- Collaborate with Coalition Board of Directors and members to gather specific data and rationale needed to develop a strong and effective grant application to the BUSH Foundation seeking a full time coordinator (name to be determined) and long term sustainability.
- Meet with Strategic Planning Committee in creating a 1 year and 3-year plan.
- Research other possible funding programs specific to the needs of the Homeless Coalition.
- Continue to track progress of grant status while informing board of each step.
- If grant is awarded, work with board to prepare funding paperwork as stated in contact and create tracking methods per contract.
A complete job description will be provided at the time of the interview and upon hire. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume highlighting grant writing experience and success to Anna Quinn, Black Hills Regional Homeless Coalition Board of Director’s President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be directed to the same email.