Network Administrator II with Bowhead at Ellsworth AFBPosted: June 27, 2018
Title: Network Administrator, II
FLSA: Full Time / Exempt
Travel: No Travel Required
Location: Ellsworth AFB, SD
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (UASOCS-18-0866-F):
Bowhead’s Ellsworth Air Force Base Team in South Dakota has an immediate opening for a Network Administrator with a Top Secret / SCI.
As a Network Administrator you will support the design, installation, maintenance, and administration of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment. Your dedication to outstanding customer service and strong work ethic will result in support that meets or exceeds the customer’s needs and ultimately, delivers services that enable personnel to accomplish the mission at hand.
Network Administrator essential functions include:
- Basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
- Provide end-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
- Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Installation and upgrades to operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment.
- Consultation and support for network and computer operations, design, planning and maintenance.
- Research and contribute recommendations for products for evaluation, testing, implementation and integration.
Maintain and manage cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
- Connectivity via TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, NT Domain strategies and protocols.
- Connectivity between multiple remote locations via WAN equipment and services.
- LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
- Requires an associate’s Degree or a combination of academic, military or technical training PLUS two (2) years’ experience as a Network Administrator.
- Comp TIA Security+ Certification (DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II).
- Fundamental knowledge and technical competence in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software / hardware and video systems is required.
- Familiarity with network topology, communication standards, protocols, data transmission technology, and routers/switches.
- Experience in multi-protocol client server environments.
- Completion of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) desired.
- Strong communications skills including writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation. Verbal Communication skills to allow for interacting with all unit employees.
- Requires a valid state issued driver’s license.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold an active security clearance at the Top Secret SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at http://www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Follow link to apply: http://bit.ly/2IKglan