Information Security Specialist at Offutt AFB, NEPosted: May 3, 2018
Information Security Specialist
Summary: We are looking for multiple Cyber Security positions at all different levels (junior, mid, senior) to support a 10 year contract with DXC at USSTRATCOM at Offutt AFB in Bellevue Nebraska. You will be brought on as a contractor through Modis for the first six months and then transition for a direct employee of DXC.
Start Date: ASAP. We will be hiring candidates on going for the next several months
Clearance requirement: Top Secret and SCI Eligible
Top skills need to submit:
- 4-10 years of combined IT and Security subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies).
- CISSP, CISSA, or CEH.
The ITCC Senior Cybersecurity/Information Assurance/Security Specialist, is a recognized authority on relevant IT Security subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies). Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Responsible for providing system network defense techniques using USSTRATCOM directed technologies and processes; including, but not limited to monitoring of intrusion detection system and other CND tools, incident response, patching CND tools, and rapid recon. Proactively monitors vendor and DoD IA notices and reports results. Utilizes established shift schedule to support 24×7 network defense operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
- Experience working with NIST Special Publications or related publications and the C & A process methodology
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Possess a CISSP, CISSA, or CEH
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
All interested candidates can send updated resumes to Ken Butterman at Kenneth.Butterman@modis.com or call (410) 423 6539