Black Hills Corp- Principal Storage Engineer (Various Locations)Posted: October 20, 2017
Job Title: Principal Storage Engineer (31064)
SALARY RANGE: $78,150 – $108,630
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on November 2, 2017.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Denver, CO, Papillion, NE, Cheyenne, WY or Fayetteville, AR.
Provide professional reservoir and engineering services to our natural gas utility underground storage operations in multiple states. Responsible for the design and management of a Storage Integrity Management Plan (SIMP) that will provide integrity guidance across 7 different storage fields while maintaining compliance with pipeline safety regulations, industry standards and general engineering practices. Reviews DOT regulations, API Recommended Practices and Standards, and develop procedures to comply with regulations and industry best practices. Work in partnership with the Gas Control, Measurement, Accounting, Exploration and Production, and Operations groups to develop integrity, deliverability, asset management, and overall strategic operation plans for the company’s underground storage assets. Maintain and produce inventory verification reports comparing gas-in-place to book volumes. Develop expansion plans and potentials for Business Development growth projects. Participate in the development of training for compliance with Operator Qualifications regulation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Pipeline and Systems Integrity
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing technical expertise on team responsible for the Storage Integrity Management Plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of Storage Integrity Management Plan.
- Develop consistent operations for integrity employees working at the different storage facilities.
- Develop and monitor adherence to storage operations and engineering.
- Be familiar with API RP 1171, API 580/581 and other industry best practices.
- Provides senior level engineering support and service to natural gas storage operations in the company’s multiple state natural gas business.
- Lead internal audits and assessments of storage fields and storage operations within the company.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise in regulatory matters relating to gas storage field operations and deliverability.
- Maintain bottom hole pressure records.
- Produce and maintain reservoir inventory levels and deliverability calculations.
- Maintains a successful partnership with network operations.
- Initiates and prepares necessary state and federal reporting.
- Provides general technical support and training for Natural Gas Utility Operations.
- Provide project management support and leadership to include scopes of work, cost estimates and schedules for storage related projects throughout the company.
- Perform computer modeling to predict reservoir capacity and well deliverability.
- Participates as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation and data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Provides professional services elsewhere in the company’ energy business as requested.
- Participates in community relations-based activities where opportunities and interest exists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires effective working relationships with BHE operations management of all levels.
- Vice presidents, Directors, and Supervisors.
- Maintains relationships with vendors, suppliers and industry associations.
- Maintain relationships with federal and state inspectors and/or regulators.
- 7 years of gas storage experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Required ABET accredited Engineering Degree.
- Petroleum, Natural Gas or Geological Engineering Degrees preferred.
- Advanced degree in in related engineering fields are desirable.
- Good understanding of gas storage fields and gathering systems.
- Understanding of DOT regulations.
- Demonstrate good technical, financial and operations knowledge.
- Demonstrate strategic and operational planning.
- Understanding of financial and technical decisions models and cost/benefit approach to decision -making.
- Proficient in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Effective presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage projects of verifying scale simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly document analytical work.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Proven leadership skills including coaching and motivating.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer certification preferred.
- Position involves some travel across service territory and occasionally out.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply