Black Hills Corp- Operations Support Specialist (Spencer, IA)Posted: October 20, 2017
Job Title: Operations Support Specialist (31182)
PAY RANGE: $19 – $26 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 30, 2017.
LOCATION: Spencer, IA
Support the utility operations team with direct support for scheduling, entering customer information, documenting work and providing support for the team.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule daily work for service and operational employees and/or crews through scheduling tools (click).
- Monitor scheduling tools and provide support to Operations Supervisors with scheduling employees for PTO, training and appointments.
- Provide support for updating schedules on company intranet sites and community emergency plans.
- Submit requests to various agencies for facility locating (except in areas where this person is required to be the technician that will be excavating).
- Support meter issue investigations, processing meter changes and equipment orders.
- Assist with expense reporting, processing invoices, submit invoices for 3rd party damage and invoicing technical services.
- Assist in tracking contract deposits and refunds for customer construction.
- Assist with scanning, filing and maintaining operations related materials and data entry into electronic systems.
- Provide support to Supervisor regarding customer matters.
- Assist with arranging meetings, ordering office supplies and provide support to Supervisor for building maintenance.
- Promote culture of safety, compliance, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Support and manage special projects that may be assigned.
- Exercise appropriate level of independent judgment on Company proprietary and confidential matters.
- Provide support to other areas of the Company as requested or assigned.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Company employees.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in a utility environment preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment as a collaborative team member.
- Independent, well-organized, self-starter and able to adapt to change.
- Ability to develop and implement work processes which contribute to increased efficiencies.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately resolve customer complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to professionally interface with customers and individuals across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize continuous improvement tools and concepts.
- Must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply