Black Hills Corp- Compliance Coordinator (Grimes, Council Bluffs, or Dubuque, IA)Posted: October 6, 2017
Job Title: Compliance Coordinator (31137)
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 – $76,200
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 16, 2017.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Grimes, Council Bluffs or Dubuque, IA.
Responsible for compliance of system records in relation to federal, state, and local regulations. Additionally responsible for the success of special compliance projects through the effective implementation of strategies, processes, procedures, plans of execution, and other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, DOT Compliance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure proper and ongoing maintenance of systems records as they correlate to federal, state, and local compliance requirements.
- Own and successfully execute the full scope of compliance oversight.
- Continually work with operations management along with federal and state regulatory agencies as required through the normal course of business and during audits.
- Implement, and maintain regulatory compliance tracking systems, reports, and correspondence for state and federal agencies along with Company policies.
- Assist with development and revision of Gas O&M procedures along with other company standards as necessary.
- Work with operations management and their assigned personnel to address compliance issues.
- Incident/accident notification to state and federal jurisdictional bodies
- Compliance education and communication liaison to local operations
- Damage prevention outreach
- Travel within geographic region (generally Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, and Wyoming) and occasionally out of the geographic region may be required including overnight and/or weekend travel
- Works closely with operations personnel at all levels
- Build and maintain relationships with state regulatory body representatives
- Work with remotely-located team to ensure standardization and consistency of process and procedures across utility
- Three (3) or more years of relevant professional natural gas experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Prior natural gas construction experience is preferred.
- Work experience within the utility industry is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
- Holds technical and business knowledge in multiple utility disciplines/processes.
- Moderate knowledge of Black Hills Energy procedures, federal rules and regulations as well as state rules affecting operational compliance.
- Under sensible supervision, perform work that is technical and varied in nature in accordance with federal regulations: Assists in the development of integrated solutions to resolve complex business issues. May follow guidance of more senior staff. Recommends changes in procedures. Operates with reasonable latitude for action or decision. Reviews overall compliance progress with management.
- Strong communication, presentation, database, and computer skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship through effective written and verbal communication.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply