Black Hills Corp- Human Resources Intern (Summer 2018) (Rapid City, SD)Posted: October 2, 2017
Job Title: Human Resources Intern (Summer 2018) (31112)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 11, 2017.
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Company’s Human Resources department.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Organizational Development Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform tasks for a variety of human resources functions including organizational development, benefits and compensation, and recruiting and selection.
- Projects may include:
- Assist with the creation and/or coordination of employee trainings and events.
- Assist with details, logistics and communications for employee engagement and change management efforts.
- Assist with creating streamlined HR resources, tools and templates.
- Assist with talent and recruitment processes including:
- Post positions internally and externally utilizing the Applicant Tracking System/HRIS.
- Coordinate interviewing arrangements and agenda details for candidates including coordinating schedules and making travel arrangements.
- Assist with orientation and onboarding and monitor/maintain new hire documentation in the filing system, especially auditing I-9 documents.
- Assist the total rewards team with pension plan administration comparison and analysis of Request For Proposals (“RFP”), vendor follow-up questions, scheduling of onsite presentations, etc.
- Focus on updating and organizing all company job descriptions: proper format, revisions as needed, creation of new descriptions as needed, tracking changes for compliance needs.
- Assist with analyzing HR data to drive business decisions.
- Handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain strong working relationships within Human Resources and departments throughout the organization.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- Current student (3rd year status) or recent graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- Basic knowledge of human resources and related employment laws and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of organization development principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and reporting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of employee engagement theories and survey practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply