Black Hills Corp- Horizon Point Concierge Specialist (Rapid City, SD)Posted: October 2, 2017
Job Title: Horizon Point Concierge Specialist (31097)
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 – $76,200
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 11, 2017
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
This role delivers hospitality-related services to Horizon Point employees and visitors by leading and providing information and support regarding all aspects of planning, coordinating, communicating, technical support, food service, reservations and executing on-site meetings and events. They also manages employee engagement committee and efforts. Works directly with Senior Management, Administrative Support Staff, Information Technology, Facilities Management, Security and the Human Resources departments.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Chief Human Resources Officer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Event Planning and Support:
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of site events to include coordination with internal and external contacts, communications, and logistics for visitors, facility services, parking, meals/catering, room set up/prep, technology, audio and visual equipment, all venue needs. Main point of contact during events.
- Coordinator and main contact for Community Room use and reservation process including technical support/end-user support and liaison with information technology. Responsible for conference, training and community rooms relating to being clean, accessible and stocked with supplies and ready for the next session.
- Maintain itineraries, appointments, meetings and commitments.
- Maintain all electronic equipment used in a professional communications environment.
- Monitor meeting space time use to ensure availability for all.
- Budget management and fiscal responsibility.
Guest and Employee Services:
- Main point of contact and provide information about Rapid City and community events, tours for select guests, VIP’s, and visiting dignitaries.
- Direct and manage airport/shuttle runs for candidates and/or groups of employees. Manage corporate courtesy car and work with facility services regarding fleet vehicles.
- Lead and serve as cultural liaison to the Senior Management Team and serve as representative for employee committees affiliated with Horizon Point. Present and provide status updates to and seek guidance from Senior Management Team as requested/appropriate.
- Lead Horizon Point culture committee. Manages employee engagement committee and efforts.
- Communicate verbally and via written report to all levels of the organization.
- Be familiar with department locations and seating areas.
- Provide timely communications to employees regarding special events, building related issues, and general facility information. Be a resource for information for the employees, customers and guests. Be aware of seating chart.
- Employee Engagement Activities and Committee Lead
- Plan and execute internal events that support employee engagement and BH culture. Assist with management of amenities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all logistics for employee generated content areas in the building for the facility.
- Manage vendor relationship with the cafeteria and will work closely with the front desk receptionist.
Safety, Wellness & Security:
- Assist with health and safety programs, emergency evacuation plans, and maintenance of first aid supplies and AED units.
- Prevent and handle emergencies. Be resourceful and available for employee emergencies and recognize a potential issue before anyone realizes there is a problem.
- Perform and manage special projects that may be assigned.
- Provide backup coverage for the front desk as needed.
- Must work well in a very fast-paced, multi-task environment as a team member.
- Independent, well-organized, self-starter and flexible. Willing to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Serve as Senior Management Team Liaison for Horizon Point.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Hospitality background and experience strongly preferred.
- Facility, Event & Vendor management experience beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Business field or equivalent experience required.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency and strong command with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Cultivates and maintains a high-value relationship with employees, visitors and vendors at all times.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and effective writing skills with all levels of the organization.
- Present a professional presence as a BHC ambassador from the corporate building to the community
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, ability to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Overall understanding of technologies with the ability to learn future technologies.
- Ability to analyze situations and solve problems, calmly, effectively, efficiently and professionally to minimize negative impact on the user.
- Ability to take initiative/self-starter, work with minimum supervision, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Great attention to detail with solid organizational skills.
- Persistent enthusiasm and friendly attitude.
Must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must occasionally push/pull with forces up to 80# force.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision and depth perception.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer