Equustock- Operator Level 1 (Rapid City, SD)Posted: September 14, 2017
Position: Operator Level 1
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Company: Equustock, LLC
Salary: $12.00 Per Hour
- This is a tobacco free environment
- Current driver’s license and self-transport to the job site.
- Veteran’s Preference
- 60-pound lifting requirement
- Subject to pre-hire drug screening
Work requires High School diploma or experience in a related field, or any other equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. OSHA, heavy equipment and plant operations training is a plus.
Company and General Description:
This position is with an industrial company that produces wood pellets located in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Past experience and job proficiency will include, but is not limited to:
- Demonstrated mid-level leadership and management skills or potential
- Demonstrated experience in an industrial setting or similar
- Demonstrated problem solving and safe operating techniques in an industrial setting
- Demonstrated experience working with teams and crews.
- Familiar with the safe operation and shutdown of heavy industrial equipment
- Experience with accurate and timely record keeping.
- Demonstrated understanding and execution of clean, safe plant operations
- OSHA Training a plus
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Shift Lead.
- Responsible for accurate and timely operations and production reports
- Receive, internalize and safely implement industrial operations training
- Primary responsibility to operate all HMI (Human Interface) equipment (control screens and boards) for all aspects of an industrial process line powered by medium voltage electricity
- Perform quality control tests on product streams as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Assist the Shift Lead in the update and maintenance of plant records to include but not limited to training records, inventory control and plant operating standards/procedures
- Work and operate at heights of at least 80’, be able to adapt to 8, 10 and 12 hours-work shifts to keep the plant operating 24 hours a day and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
- Work hand in hand with maintenance and controls personnel to improve operations
- Work with hand and power tools and analytical equipment as directed by the Shift Lead.
- Perform operator level preventive, scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance all while adhering to safety policy and equipment maintenance directives.
- Primary responsibility is to operate the equipment, as needed for an industrial process line controlled by a control panel, screens and medium voltage electricity to include but limited to:
o Belt and Chain Conveyors
o Hammer and Pellet Mills and Screens
o Rotary Drum Dryer
o Packaging Equipment to include bagging and palletizing machinery
- Safely operate material handling equipment to include:
o Warehouse forklifts
o Variable reach forklifts
o Front end loaders along
o Skid steer with bucket and fork attachments
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb steps, ladders and scaffolding; operate man-baskets, scissors lifts and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Perform quality control tests on product streams as directed by the Shift Lead. Fill out reports and logs as required to maintain data to include moisture content, feed rate and temperatures all in an effort to maintain quality control.
- Complete any and all tasks as appropriately and safely assigned or requested by the Shift Lead.
- Maintain plant cleanliness and work with peers in support of the Maintenance Manager and General Manager
- Lead in the implementation of a Safety Culture where safety is our top priority.
- Must be reliable and punctual
Equustock SD General Manager