Black Hills Corp- Plant Maintenance Supervisor (Gillette, WY)Posted: September 14, 2017
Job Title: Plant Maintenance Supervisor (31051)
SALARY GRADE: $78,150 – $108,630
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on September 27, 2017.
LOCATION: Gillette, WY
Schedule, coordinate, direct and supervise the daily activities of maintenance crews and contractors involved in plant maintenance, preventive and shut-down activities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations & Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure maintenance work is planned and accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effectively manner.
- Ensure that employees comply with all BHC safety rules, OSHA regulations, and environmental standards.
- Initiate and supervise the completion of mechanical maintenance projects and work orders to meet site objectives.
- Ensure effective planning, daily work schedules, job assignments, monitoring and evaluating work performance, analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Coordinate the accomplishment of daily and weekly work schedules and communicate with all applicable departments (operations, maintenance, accounting, and engineering).
- Initiate changes as necessary to maintain efficiency of both the maintenance personnel and the organization as priorities change with focuses on maximum productivity.
- Participate in daily and departmental meetings.
- Manage work order backlog at approved level.
- Evaluate and manage resource needs for the maintenance department.
- Participate in the budget process for maintenance Department.
- Train and develop maintenance personnel.
- Prepare outage reports and supervise outage jobs as assigned.
- Prepare and provide reports and maintain documentation such as environmental, work orders, material requests, performance contacts, accident reports, attendance reports, preventive maintenance and overhaul work reports and other logs.
- Maintain equipment to support outlined availability targets for each unit.
- Ensure quality control on mechanical assignments.
- Support maintenance optimization efforts:
- Predictive maintenance program
- Preventative maintenance program
- Optimize reliability efforts (minimize repeat failures)
- Communicate with operations and engineering daily to ensure the needs of the plant are being addressed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive relationships with employees, customers, contractors, community and business leaders, peers, and management.
- Teamwork is essential to this position.
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employee safety and wellness.
- 5 years of experience of specialized area or steam/electric operations or maintenance required.
- Experience with supervision/management preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of plant or maintenance program desirable.
- Craft journeyman or 2 to 4 year college level technical course preferred.
- Knowledge of safety codes and company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and direct work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office and various specialized software.
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreement.
- Respond to after-hour and weekend plant outages or emergencies.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply