Black Hills Corp- Environmental Professional I (Rapid City, SD(Posted: September 14, 2017
Job Title: Environmental Professional I – Air Quality (31075)
SALARY RANGE: $53,900 – $70,070 Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on September 27, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide environmental support services for Black Hills Energy (BHE) subsidiaries. Provide technical resources to successfully implement and maintain air quality environmental programs related to continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS), air emissions testing, and support environmental related activities with BHE Electric Operations in South Dakota and Wyoming.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Principal Environmental Professional
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate and maintain excellent safe work ethics to ensure a safe work environment.
- Provide CEMS support including but not limited to data validation, QA/QC audits, and reporting.
- Perform and manage emissions testing projects for fossil fuel generation facilities (e.g. gas turbines & coal fired boilers), natural gas compressor stations, and oil/gas production wells.
- Develop and implement compliance reports and other tools that will assist the business unit in meeting their permit terms and applicable air quality regulations.
- Review and interpret rules and permit conditions associated with CEM and stack testing. This may include managing air quality permits.
- Provide technical information to management to support compliance with various federal, state and local environmental programs, with primary focus on air quality regulatory matters.
- Provide environmental support to the BHE Electric Utility in South Dakota and Wyoming with a focus on storm water management, environmental assessments, and SPCC management (Spill Prevention, Countermeasures and Control).
- Assist Environmental Program with the development of corporate-wide environmental policies and consistent training and management programs that can be used by all Company business units.
- Maintain visibility and communication by conducting site visits, conducting and attending monthly environmental and/or operational issues meetings with the business unit, attending monthly environmental department staff meetings and being available for supporting other business units as needed.
- Represent BHE as needed at regulatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional working relationships within the environmental department.
- Support multiple business unit groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- Maintain professional working relationships with consultants and regulatory agencies such as EPA, BLM, U.S. Forest Service, tribal, state and local environmental agencies.
- One or more years of experience related to air quality testing and/or CEMS required.
- Experience working with State Air Quality programs in Arkansas, Colorado, South Dakota, and/or Wyoming preferred.
- Experience with environmental regulatory programs other than Air Quality preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of 40CFR60.Da, 40CFR60.GG, 40CFR60.KKKK, and 40CFR75 desirable.
- Working knowledge of EPA test methods 1-5, 6c, 7e, 10, and 25a desirable.
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental programs and staff, especially in Arkansas, Colorado, South Dakota, and/or Wyoming.
- Basic understanding of the operating principles and pollution controls associated with reciprocating internal combustion engines and fossil fuel generation facilities.
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% of the year within BHE service territory to support corporate subsidiaries.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Proficiency with CEMS Data Acquisition and Handling Systems (DAHS) preferred.
- An understanding of 40CFR60 IIII, 40CFR60 JJJJ, and 40CFR63 ZZZZ preferred.
- Ability to interpret government regulations, develop and implement compliance directives.
- SES Qualified Source Test Individual or Observer (QSTI or QSTO) certificate or ability to obtain one, preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Physically capable and willing to work from heights including ascending/ descending ladders and working from a platform 150’ AGL.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply