Black Hills Corp- Financial Analyst II (Denver, CO)Posted: August 10, 2017
Job Title: Financial Analyst II (31038)
SALARY RANGE: $49,500 – $64,380
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 16, 2017.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
Directly support the Financial Managers of electric utilities, gas utilities and coal mine in timely and accurate reporting of all financial data, including providing financial reports and presentations required by company management, regulatory and operating companies. Responsible for the development, analysis, interpretation and communication of statistical and accounting information relating to actual services provided, capital expenditures, and development of operating budgets, strategic plans and forecasts, and related comparative reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Actively participate in the development and preparation of annual budgets, strategic plans and forecasts and develop service billing matrices and methodologies.
- Administer the financial analysis activities and provide the analysis and interpretation of results related to the allocation models to manager and upper management.
- Establish strong relationships across the company to advance effective communication and coordination across departments and companies.
- Coordinate the preparation of all accounting and financial reports for management operations review and regulatory reporting. Constantly seek ways to improve the participation with all departments, in the use of accounting information for planning and problem solving purposes.
- Prepare the reconciliation, month end close and variance analysis process for Financial Managers.
- Must maintain good working relationships with co-workers, employees, supervisor, upper management, internal audit and external audit.
- Must communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the financial or statistical activities of a company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- Prior experience in utility or energy related industry preferred.
- Strong Excel and/or database capabilities required.
- Experience working with Hyperion Essbase and Hyperion Planning a plus.
- Experience working with a large accounting software system – PeopleSoft Experience a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to travel approximately once a month.
- Level I CFA desired but not required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply