Black Hills Corp- Compressor/Pipeline Technician I (Meeker, CO)Posted: August 10, 2017
Job Title: Compressor/Pipeline Technician I (30925)
PAY RANGE: $22 – $28 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 17, 2017.
LOCATION: Meeker, CO
The Operations Specialist facilitates the maintenance and repair of the company’s distribution and transmission assets.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Gas Transmission
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining and repairing gas lines. Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all pipelines, valves and other related facilities.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, including, but not limited to excavation, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachments and excavations.
- Perform pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspection per company procedures.
- Coordinate local Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies including: completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight and supervision, act as Company representative during construction activities, report progress to Operations Management and ensure proper reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Inspect/oversee the construction and /or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Other duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain professional working relations with external and internal customers.
- Experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Have experience in line locating.
- General knowledge of regulators and relief valves found on project lines and main lines and general meter sets.
- Detailed knowledge of natural gas distribution, transmission and gathering pipeline system operations.
- Knowledge of operating costs and best practices associated with natural gas pipeline operations, and the ability to estimate pipeline jobs, provide developer/contractor bids and complete AFE requests.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids in high and low pressure systems.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures and practices and regulatory and tariff requirements.Experience in the operation and maintenance of compressor and auxiliary equipment, engines, motors, cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment and process equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working in solitary work environments as well as within work groups.
- Customer focus.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Depending on work situations, travel will be required. Working out of town with overnight stays is anticipated.
- Be available for and provide emergency response after regular business hours which may require carrying a communication device.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software, etc.)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams.
- Must be able to work within a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, and focus attention to details, follow rules/procedures and work with an open and positive attitude,
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- This position performs tasks that are defined as safety-sensitive and is subject to DOT workplace drug & alcohol testing.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires the use of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply