Black Hills Corp- PeopleSft Sr. Developer Analyst (Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 11, 2017
Job Title: PeopleSoft Sr. Developer Analyst (31005)
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 – $97,530
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on July 14, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Responsible for management, implementation, and hands on development of Black Hills’ PeopleSoft HCM and Finance systems. These critical systems support our $6+ billion worth of assets, 2,800+ employees, and 1.2 million customers across multiple utilities, states, regulatory jurisdictions, and bargaining units. This includes HR, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Acquisition Management, Performance Management, Time and Labor, Organizational Leadership Review, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Accounts Receivable, Expenses, Treasury, etc.
The Sr. Analyst will work with business partners to define the scope of business needs and translate processes from detailed functional requirements to technical design specifications. This includes the support of multiple modules and 50+ mission critical interfaces to internal and external systems using appropriate tools such as Integration Broker, application messages, web services, Application Engine and SQR.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: IT Application Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with end users to define the scope of business needs and translate processes from detailed functional requirements to technical design specifications.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution.
- Develop strong relationships with end users to effectively troubleshoot problems and recommend good solutions.
- Responsible for hands-on development, management, and implementation of change requests to PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM and/or PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials.
- Lead support of multiple modules and mission critical interfaces to internal and external systems using appropriate tools such as Integration Broker, application messages, web services, Application Engine and SQR.
- Discuss and explain technical implementations to project staff, business users, and management, either verbally or in writing
- Ensure compliance with technical best practices, policies, standards, and software licensing.
- Accountable for change management and SOX compliance
- Stay abreast of changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Track, monitor, and report progress of assignments
- Perform end-user training.
- Will work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT.
- Will maintain a relationship with multiple business groups and understand their needs and priorities.
- 5+ years of related experience supporting an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- PeopleSoft HCM, Payroll, Time and Labor, and Benefits Administration experience desired.
- Experience in full lifecycle upgrades and/or implementations of an ERP system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience programming in PeopleTools technologies (PeopleCode, Application Engine, Application Package, Data Mover scripts, Integration Broker, Component Interfaces, Workflow, BI Publisher, SQR)
- Demonstrated experience with hands on ERP development platforms across various HR and/or Financial modules.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working in ERP software development environments (PeopleSoft preferred)
- Ability to generate and execute accurate and efficient Oracle SQL statements
- Experience designing, building, testing, and troubleshooting system to system interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to be agile and respond quickly to shifting priorities.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently with ease, while maintaining a strong focus on detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills and lead high-visibility efforts.
- Capacity to work well independently, as well as in a team, with the ability to collaborate with other team members and foster a team environment.
- High level of integrity as position has a high level of access to extremely confidential data.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply