Black Hills Corp- Gas Scheduling Analyst (Papillion, NE)Posted: June 20, 2017
Job Title: Gas Scheduling Analyst (30970)
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 – $76.200
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on July 3, 2017.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
The Gas Scheduler provides transactional analysis and scheduling, working with the Sr. Manager, Gas Supply and Trading to optimize and accurately provide activities on pipelines in support of the organization. Understands the basic movement of natural gas, knowledge of electronic bulletin boards, and internal tracking systems, and is capable of tracking transactions from inception to month end.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Gas Supply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works closely with Sr. Manager, Gas Supply to ensure all pipeline scheduling is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates with our suppliers and markets to ensure that contractual nomination data is coordinated properly and resolves all discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- Schedules gas on inter/intrastate pipeline EBB systems.
- Solid understanding of all company transportation and storage contracts and rights.
- Works with suppliers, purchasers, pipelines and point operators to monitor and minimize imbalances. When imbalances occur, works within pipeline and LDC guidelines to reduce, eliminate, or trade those imbalances in the manor most advantageous to the company.
- Performs end of month closing tasks including actualization of pipes/trades in Endur. Interacts closely with internal accounting and third parties to help resolve any discrepancies that arise in monthly settlement.
- Monitor pipeline bulletin boards (EBBs) for both critical and non-critical notices and relays these to the team.
- Provide backup to trader as necessary.
- Participate in weekend and evening on-call coverage as needed.
- 3-4 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics preferred.
- Scheduling experience on a variety of EBB’s. TIGT, NGPL, NNG preferred.
- Microsoft Office products (especially Excel).
- Planning, organization, problem solving and analytical skills are important.
- Team player.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply