Black Hills Corp- Gas Scheduling Analyst I, II, or III (Denver, CO)Posted: June 20, 2017
Job Title: Gas Scheduling Analyst I, II or III (30967)
SALARY RANGE: $49,500 – $90,740
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on July 3, 2017.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
The Gas Scheduler is responsible for performing all aspects of regulated natural gas scheduling, gas volume allocations, and invoicing duties for multiple regulated LDC natural gas pipelines providing transportation service to shippers on mainline and distribution pipeline systems owned by the Company. Additional responsibilities include but may not be limited to shipper imbalance management; ensuring Shipper compliance with all Company tariffs; monitoring of pipeline operating conditions; communication with gas control, measurement, field operations personnel, engineering, and any other department within the Company as needed; maintaining transportation contract data in transactional scheduling/billing system; responding to customer inquiries; testing system upgrades; troubleshooting customer issues; managing customer access to system; cross-functional training.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Supply Scheduling Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs routine and non-routine natural gas scheduling, & gas allocation duties under general supervision, on all Company natural gas pipelines.
- Tracks imbalances with shippers and takes appropriate actions as necessary; manages imbalances at points of interconnect with other pipelines under operational balancing agreements.
- Monitors nominated vs. flowing volumes to address variances on systems that include, but are not limited to, Black Hills Energy Arkansas, Black Hills Distribution LLC, Rocky Mountain Natural Gas mainline and distribution pipeline systems.
- Resolves volume discrepancies.
- Tracks Shipper compliance with all terms of Company tariffs.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the operational and commercial aspects of the Tariffs governing Company owned natural gas pipelines.
- Gains a working knowledge of pipeline operations (including, but not limited to, constraints, interconnects, and balancing rules.
- Manages processes with users of electronic transportation management system(s) known as Quorum Pipeline Transaction Management system (“QPTM”) and The Intelligent Plant System (TIPS).
- Performs troubleshooting for a wide range of system issues and coordinates resolution of issues with internal parties and external software vendor.
- Participates in and contributes to the scoping, testing and implementing of current and new software enhancements and transportation services.
- Assist in managing gas transportation contracts to include: set-up of contracts in gas transportation system(s), enter tariff and discounted reservation, commodity, imbalance cash out, and administrative rates; manage curing of gas imbalances through trades and cash outs; runs processes to generate invoices; and responds to customer inquiries regarding invoices, including but not limited to, Rocky Mountain Natural Gas, Black Hills Distribution – Arkansas Valley, Wattenberg, and Casper pipelines and Black Hills Energy Arkansas.
- Manages wellhead gas purchase contracts, to include: tracking of dedication; analyzing and providing monthly nominations to operator; receiving, and loading contract allocated quantities into internal system; maintaining monthly purchase prices for each contract; apply prices to allocated quantities; prepare remittance data for payment; set up new wells under contracts; track gas balancing (when applicable); respond to inquiries from working interest owners and operators in the applicable natural gas field(s).
- Regularly use spreadsheets, database and word processing software, and periodically learn new programs.
- Deals with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills, both personal and electronic; must maintain a high level of professionalism; must possess a very high level of verbal skills and be able to listen carefully.
- Maintains a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- May be required to carry a company provided cell phone and be available to respond during working hours. May also be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Travel within geographic region (generally Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Arkansas), and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required and is anticipated, including overnight and/or weekend travel.
- 0-2 years of experience in the natural gas industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of work preferred (e.g. in the discipline of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics).
- Experience with Quorum and other interconnecting pipeline EBBs a plus.
- Experience with Utility tariffs preferred.
- Experience with gas operations is a plus.
- Experience with utility rates is a plus.
- Natural gas accounting experience is a plus.
- Utility industry experience preferred.
- Natural gas scheduling experience preferred.
- Microsoft office.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Team Player
- Positive attitude
- Deals with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism
- Detail oriented
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Office environment with the ability to work at a desk for extended periods of time.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply