Crew Training International- Scheduler Specialist (Multiple locations to include Ellsworth, AFB)Posted: June 8, 2017
Position Title: Scheduler Specialist
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA; Minot AFB, ND; Whiteman AFB, MO; Dyess AFB, TX; Ellsworth AFB, SD
Close: Until Filled
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Training and Experience: Two (2) years of experience working as a squadron aircrew scheduler. Two (2) years of experience working with PEX or similar proprietary program.
General Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; detail oriented; flexible.
Computer Skills: Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
Security Clearance: Secret
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with the training officer, Squadron Aviation Resource Management (SARM), UDM, and Operations
- Officer (DO) to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations, qualification, upgrade, test, exercise, and
- continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards, in accordance with DO priorities.
- Build long and short-range shift schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew, instructor, evaluator, support personnel, and supervisor positions.
- Coordinate with senior squadron leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
- Keep track when crewmembers will be on leave, temporary duty, have scheduled medical appointments, or other scheduling commitments, and deconflict crewmember schedules and work with flight leadership to ensure crews are available to meet assigned sortie taskings.
- Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the DO.
- To the maximum extent possible, schedule aircrews based on experience to mitigate Operational Risk Management (ORM).
- Report updates to Squadron and Wing leadership.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission
- commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned.
- Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance (MX) and schedule crewmembers for
- training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required.
- Publish/post scheduling data for unit long/short-range ground/academic, flying, and simulator training event schedules on PEX, or other computer database systems.
- Comply with Operations Group (OG) and scheduling chiefs’ locally-developed guidance when building the schedule.
- Determine flight, ground, and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade, initial qualification, requalification, transition, currency, and continuation training based on syllabus requirements, student progression, weather, and daily equipment/training range availability.
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates.
- Coordinate with Operations Support Squadron (OSS) Plans department, outside agencies/exercise participants, and higher headquarters (i.e. RED FLAG, GREEN FLAG, Weapons School support) for reporting and to facilitate exercise and special event schedule coordination.
- Provide inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules.
- Correlate sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements.
- Attend meetings, as required, to include:
- Weekly Special Use Airspace Scheduling meeting for schedule coordination and deconfliction.
- Weekly Planning/Coordinating Airspace Restrictions meeting for schedule coordination and deconfliction;
- Monthly Range Scheduling meetings for schedule coordination and deconfliction.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Employer Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Web Link: http://www.cti-crm.com