Black Hills Corp- Mobile Technology Support Specialist (Rapid City, SD)Posted: June 8, 2017
Job Title: Mobile Technology Support Specialist (30962)
PAY RANGE: $22 – $28 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 15, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Maintain exemplary customer service standards in dealing with and responding to customer issues and questions related to mobile and application technologies. Support requests can be in the form of break/fix, device setup, upgrades, new account activation, ESN changes, compliance, security, and inventory management. Properly patch iOS assets in a timely manner. Ensure Mobile Device Management system asset inventory is accurate and kept up to date. Duties must be performed in accordance with company published policies and procedures.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Unified Communication
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Procure, manage and recycle mobile devices and other hardware.
- Provide cellular support and all the facets including: upgrades, new lines, ESN changes, new cell numbers, travel packages out of country.
- Coordinate with wireless and device vendors to meet the needs of Black Hills.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of data plans and plan usage.
- iOS knowledge is critical. Understand the inner workings of iPhone/iPads to include setup, wipe, reset, apple ID setup and troubleshooting, DEP, VPP, and AppleCare.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Provide exceptional technology support to internal users using all forms of communication.
- Implement proactive measures to ensure availability, reliability and performance goals are consistently met.
- Ensure system security is compliant with regulations and company policy.
- Ensure data is retained according to retention policies.
- Participate and be engaged on project teams.
- Provide monthly status reports.
- Ability to effectively document procedures for audit and control purposes.
- Willingly accept all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Create and maintain positive relationships across all levels of the enterprise.
- Minimum of three years’ experience supporting complex environment.
- Associate’s degree in relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of cellular devices and carrier processes (Verizon, US Cellular, and Sprint).
- Strong knowledge of iOS, deployment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of networking technologies and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of and of following Cellular/Mobile/Utility Industries are strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to work from remote locations as required
- Business travel as required
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer