Black Hills Corp- Credit-Collections Associate (Rapid City, SD)Posted: June 8, 2017
Job Title: Credit-Collections Associates (30942)
PAY RANGE: $15 – $20 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 18, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Maintain electrical and miscellaneous accounts receivable at the lowest level possible without compromising customer relations. Utilize aged arrears reports’ to review delinquencies and to communicate with the customer, track and follow up on arrangements for payment, set up for disconnect, complete customer requests for termination of service, high bill investigations and advice related to rate applications that arise from performance of accounts receivables activities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Collections Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain accurate daily written records or credit activity completed.
- Prepare monthly reports of credit activity completed.
- Keep record and track customer enrollment in Cold Weather Rule arrangements.
- Perform investigations involving property owner issues, vacant properties and gas theft.
- Contact commercial customers before disconnection of service.
- Coordinate process to dig unpaid inside meter services.
- Coordinate outreach notification to customers and property owners.
- Process bankruptcy information and papers related to specific accounts.
- Prepare customer correspondence reflecting a professional appearance and using proper grammar use templates and/or form letters where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional participation as a Contact Center Associate may be required during periods of unusual or peak work loads.
- Customer Correspondence
- Payment Services
- Contact Center
- Customer Service experience required.
- Experience in developing and administering payment terms.
- Collections experience preferred.
- Accurate money-handling.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding of collection processes for residential and commercial utilities customers.
- Understanding of Cold Weather Rules and arrangement process.
- Knowledge of energy assistance availability and referral process.
- Knowledge of collection rules filed with Public Service Commissions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service skills with proven negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office.
- CIS+ knowledge preferred.
- Written communications skills for customer and landlord notifications.
- Communication skill necessary when dealing with challenging situations.
- Overtime work as required, including periods of outage.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer