Black Hills Corp- Tax Specialist I or II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 18, 2017
Job Title: Tax Specialist I or II (30924)
SALARY RANGE: $41,550 – $64,380
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 17, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support the preparation of quarterly and year-end provisions and the preparation of Federal, State and Local tax returns. Create documentation and work with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance. Other duties may include research related projects and providing assistance with property tax matters.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Tax Manager – Income
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for preparation of quarterly provisions and year-end provisions for companies as assigned.
- Responsible for income tax return preparation for companies and states as assigned.
- Develop, maintain, and document compliance processes and procedures.
- Analyze business transactions, and when appropriate make recommendations that result in efficiencies in tax compliance.
- Maintain and be able to enhance knowledge of applicable tax statutes, rules, and regulations – effectively coordinate the implementation and communication of changes.
- Explore technology options and solutions, and when appropriate make recommendations of solutions to optimize use of resources.
- Research projects.
- Property tax return preparation and other associated assignments.
- Positively support, develop and maintain good working relationships with all business unit personnel, corporate tax department and consultants.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a combination of public accounting or industry experience.
- Tax experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance, or equivalent experience is required.
- Fundamental knowledge of tax law.
- Fundamental understanding of general accepted accounting principles, general ledger, and financial statements.
- Knowledge of PowerPlan software and Corptax software helpful, but not required.
- Requires strong organizational skills; high energy and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete projects in a timely manner; attention to detail; ability to function both independently and in a team environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with extensive Excel experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to interpret tax law, rules, and regulations.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- CPA desired.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply