Black Hills Corp= Operations Research Analyst (Fayetteville, AR)Posted: May 18, 2017
Job Title: Operations Research Analyst (30908)
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 – $76,200
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 7, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
The Operations Research Analyst will play a critical role in advancing the role of data science, statistics, advanced analytics, and mathematical modeling in the organization by supporting the development of a new suite of tools and value-add services that drive operational efficiency, resource optimization, and competitive advantage across utility operations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Application of quantitative and statistical techniques to solve complex resource allocation and optimization problems.
- Design and develop decision management models and support systems, including mathematical and computer-based modeling and simulation.
- Apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, statistics, engineering methods, and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines required to analyze complex systems.
- Extract, clean, manipulate, and visualize large volumes of data to derive insights that can be used for process improvements.
- Interface with internal customers and end-users to understand utility operations, existing data sources, and to identify opportunities for designing new tools and resources utilizing data science and advanced analytics.
- Continuous pursuit of new skills and techniques in the field of operations research, data science, statistics, and data analytics.
- Leaders within the state, including but not limited to VP, Director, Manager, Supervisor
- Information Technology
- Internal and external customers
- Continuous Improvement team
- Utility engineering
- 3 years of relevant professional or academic experience.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in performing advanced analytics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in using analytics suites such as R, Python, and MATLAB.
- Familiarity with object oriented programming such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Bachelors’ degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related discipline required.
- Masters’ degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related discipline preferred.
- Analytical methods
- Operations Research
- Ability to thrive in an undefined and ambiguous environment.
- Creative, curious and inquisitive.
- High energy.
- Strategic thinker.
- Exceptional math skills.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Ability to gain credibility of peers and management leadership team.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply