Black Hills Corp- Construction Inspector (Ozark, AR)Posted: May 18, 2017
Job Title: Construction Inspector (30909)
PAY RANGE: $28 – $36 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 31, 2017.
LOCATION: Ozark, AR
Responsible for overseeing the general upkeep, maintenance and installation of all facilities and equipment including but not limited to, pipeline right-of-way, excavation, repairs, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for ensuring the installation, operation, and maintenance of gas facilities is conducted according to Black Hills O&M Procedures, Engineering Standards and Construction Standards.
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachments and excavations.
- Perform pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspection per company procedures.
- Coordinate local Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scoping, cost estimates, and work plans.
- Compliance and other reporting.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications applicable to the job classification.
- Other duties as required.
- Right of way department
- Project Management and Engineering
- Third party contractors
- Customers, property owners and others in the community
- Two (2) or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with job planning and prioritizing.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting instructions.
- Knowledge of operating cost associated with the equipment in area of responsibility.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Intermediate computer skills (knowledge of MS office, operating systems, company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with and around combustible or flammable gas or liquids.
- Ability to operate manual and powered equipment.
- Able to interface directly with customers professionally and provide a high degree of customer satisfaction while representing the company in the appropriate manner.
- Ability to professionally interact with co-workers.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Must be able to obtain a Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) Qualification or meet the company Operator Qualification Standard to inspect steel projects.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply