Black Hills Corp- Groundman Truck Driver (Cheyenne, WY)Posted: May 8, 2017
Job Title: Groundman Truck Driver (UN111) (30889)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 17, 2017.
LOCATION: Cheyenne WY
Responsible for hauling equipment. The Groundman Truck Driver is also responsible for maintaining truck stock, assisting Linemen and Foremen in ground only assembly work as well as manual dirt excavation. A CDL is required within (6) months of hiring into or transferring into a Groundman Truck Driver position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor of Electric Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in all functions associated with excavation, installation, removal, and maintenance of gas and electric facilities.
- Safely operate heavy equipment, machinery, and hand tools including power, powder, pneumatic and hydraulic activated tools.
- Perform handling and moving of material in the field and shop environment; e.g. obtaining material from Company warehouses and stocking trucks, bins, and other storage areas.
- Assist on all types of gas and electric facility patrols and surveys.
- Performs all general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Complete other assignments as directed by management and higher classifications. May be assigned to work alone performing functions that are listed above.
- Participate in Company programs, initiatives, and meetings.
- Be available to respond to after hour call outs and emergencies as needed.
- Work as part of a field construction and maintenance crew.
- Must be able to develop and maintain great working relationships with various departments with in the Company as well as external customers, contractors, and vendors.
- 3-5 years of utility experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of electric line school, or trade certification preferred.
- General construction and utility operations.
- General equipment and machinery operations.
- Strong personal safety record and knowledge of safe work practices.
- Motivated, self-starter than can work independently or as part of a crew.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer and smart mobile device skills and have the ability to learn new technology.
- Positive attitude, agility, and willingness to learn new process and procedures.
- Detailed oriented with great organizations skills. Have the ability to successful manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
- Customer Service focused.
- Within in (6) months of hire obtain and maintain a valid Wyoming Driver’s License to drive vehicles including a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Live within 30 minutes and 30 miles of the Cheyenne Service Center.
- This position is also subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to lift 90 pounds safely.
- Perform manual labor.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply