Black Hills Corp- Electrician (Gillette, WY)Posted: May 8, 2017
Job Title: Electrician (30877)
PAY RANGE: Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close May 17, 2017.
LOCATION: Gillette, WY
Responsible for the safe preventive maintenance, repair and general housekeeping of all electrical mine equipment, machinery and facilities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Maintenance Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Have and remain current with MSHA on low, medium, and high voltage.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of MSHA electrical regulations, the electrical regulations in Part 77 of CFR, and the NEC book.
- Perform electrical and preventive maintenance on all mine equipment and major components.
- Determine voltage requirements of mine equipment.
- Conduct and document monthly MSHA electrical equipment checks.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mine equipment.
- Wire delta-wye or wye-delta transformer connections.
- Remove and install generators, motors, capacitors, and transformers.
- Rebuild motors and generators as needed.
- Sketch one-line diagrams of power system from 69KV substation through each distribution system.
- Complete splices on all electrical cables.
- Troubleshoot controls and power systems on electric shovels. Test and set stalls and voltages on all motions of the electric shovel.
- Assist in the location and relocation of portable substations including installation and resistance measurements of grids.
- Perform needed maintenance tasks in areas other than the electrical field such as mechanical, welding and fabrication, and service to light vehicles.
- Recognize electrical hazards and take corrective actions.
- Communicate daily with production operating condition of any vehicle/equipment being serviced or repaired.
- Daily provide to oncoming maintenance shift verbally and written communication on the status of pending and ongoing maintenance projects.
- Comply with federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Complete all required paper work and reports in a timely manner.
- Complete work assignments with a sense of urgency.
- Assist other mine personnel or job task as directed.
- Working safety is a condition of employment.
- Maintain professional working relations with all mine personnel.
- Maintain working relations with internal and external customers.
- Two years of mine related electrical experience or an approved vocational school certification and one year of mine-related electrical experience.
- Associate Degree in electricity or electronic preferred.
- Working knowledge of Ohm Law and AC/DC motor theory.
- Working knowledge of power formulas.
- Knowledgeable of electrical test equipment including cable fault locators, breaker testers, oscilloscopes, volt meter, ohm meter, ammeter, megger, etc.
- Knowledge of bucket truck, welding truck, lubrication truck, mobile mine equipment, and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of heavy lifting practices (rigging, balance points, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions, monitor and evaluate electrical systems.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical, equipment, and maintenance manuals, parts books, and schematics.
- MSHA low, medium, and high voltage certification.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Carrying – Occasionally 35+ lbs. a distance of 50 ft. up to 100ft.; Occasionally side lifting of 30+ lbs. for 2 ft.; Rarely 35+ lbs. for 50 feet.
- Lifting tools, equipment floor to waist, overhead, and waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – Rarely above shoulder
- Ability to navigate on uneven and slippery surfaces, for up to 440 yards.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperatures outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply