Black Hills Corp- Customer Service Business Analyst (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 8, 2017
Job Title: Customer Service Business Analyst (30890)
SALARY RANGE: $53,900 – $70,070
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 11, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support the ongoing customer operations of Black Hills Energy. Review and analyze customer accounts and systems. Provide reports, presentations, recommendations and solutions to improve the customer experience. Support multiple projects related to customer feedback, account review, energy efficiency and continuous improvement.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Customer Experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze a wide range of data in customer systems and activities to retrieve critical insights.
- Ensure customer feedback data integrity and lead projects that improve related processes.
- Serve as a liaison to utility commission(s), and address inquiries, complaints and monthly reporting.
- Develop and prioritize operational processes and procedures.
- Identify customer information system efficiencies and enhancements.
- Perform business analysis for commercial and industrial accounts as directed.
- Assist with the monitoring, development and documentation of information for corporate customer service staff. Work with management, business analysis, continuous improvement and end-users to create managed workflow rules, data validation and triggers.
- Conduct trainings on company processes, systems, products, and services.
- Responsible for monthly status and metric reporting.
- Support customer information related continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in and/or manage special projects as assigned.
- Maintain technical functions of customer feedback systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Company employees, including those in corporate customer service, regulatory, legal, finance, IT, and field operations.
- Maintain professional working relationships with Public Utility Commission staff.
- 3 years of experience in an analyst position or related experience required.
- Experience with CIS+ and/or project management experience preferred.
- Experience with utility processes preferred.
- Experience in customer service and/or process improvement preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, research, or relevant field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of customer service compliance, operations and processes.
- Utility tariff knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of CIS+.
- Knowledge of Flexibill, CMOD, and CRM (SalesLogix) systems.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting methods.
- Understanding of Company’s customer service operations.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain proficiency with new systems and software as technology evolves.
- Ability to document and track projects and work goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in an environment of rapid change.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented to provide quality outputs.
- Self-starter with an energetic, can-do attitude.
- Continuous Improvement training preferred (Six Sigma or equivalent).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- This role may require some after hours and weekend work as well as travel from time to time.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply