Black Hills Corp- Corporate Security Analyst II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 8, 2017
Job Title: Corporate Security Analyst II (30894)
SALARY GRADE: $69,800 – $90,740
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 10, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
The Security Analyst is a key member of the IT Compliance & Security team, focusing on the technologies, processes, and procedures that help the Company meet regulatory obligations and general business security needs. With minimal supervision this person will identify needs and vulnerabilities and work with the appropriate groups to implement measures to fulfill those needs and mitigate vulnerabilities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Corporate Security & IT Compliance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as primary resource responsible for installation, maintenance and administration for security related software applications and systems. Systems may include products such as end-point security, anti-malware, 2-factor access controls, IDS/IPS, or logging and monitoring systems.
- Partner in the development, testing, and implementation of security plans, products, and control techniques.
- Perform access control and account administration of critical information resources and key users.
- Participate in the evaluation of vendor proposals, conduct process analysis, review information security architectures and recommend modifications to the information security operation to reduce costs or improve service.
- Test and implement appropriate security methods and control techniques such as firewalls, intrusion detection software, data encryption, etc.
- Track projects and report status to appropriate management.
- Help to develop communications and actively promote related campaigns for information security awareness among all staff.
- Maintain an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Installation and support of physical security control systems (Cardkey, videoDVR, etc) software and hardware.
- Help ensure Company meets all applicable regulations, including NERC-CIP, SOX, etc.
- Perform system audits, user audits and network audits on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain strong working relationships with all levels of personnel in the IT department and business areas that are supported.
- Work effectively with security integrators, vendors, software manufacturers and application users to program, maintain and improve support for all security systems.
- 3+ years of IT experience, with 3+ years being in System Administration, Network Design or Information Security preferred.
- 2+ years of Physical Security experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related field preferred; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Strong understanding of Windows and/or Linux system installation and administration.
- General understanding of Information Security concepts.
- Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following: Windows Server OS, UNIX/Linux OS, firewall or NextGen Firewall installation/administration, IDS/IPS products, vulnerability assessment and management products, networks (routing, switching, design, etc.), scripting/programming ( Perl, Python, PowerShell,etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of physical security architecture and systems.
- Knowledge of current regulatory environment, including NERC-CIP and SOX.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple projects simultaneously, assist with coordinating a variety of work functions and adapt to critical timelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot system and maintenance problems.
- CISSP/GIAC Security Certifications preferred.
- Minimal travel as necessary to attend team meetings, training and support remote systems.
- Participate in Security “On-Call” on a rotating schedule.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply