Black Hlls Corp- Director, Gas Measurement (Papillion or Omaha, NE or Denver, CO.)Posted: April 7, 2017
JOB NOTICE – Black Hills Corporation – Director, Gas Measurement (30834)
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the United States. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Job Title: Director, Gas Measurement (30834)
SALARY RANGE: $103,100 – $143,330
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 17, 2017.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Papillion or Omaha, NE or Denver, CO.
Provides strategic direction and centralized oversight of the Company’s natural gas measurement (quantity and quality) efforts, including the administration of all natural gas measurement programs for over one million customers in six states. Specific functional responsibilities include Gas Meter Shop, AMI/AMR Program and Corporate/Transmission Gas Measurement.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President – Gas Engineering
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for a team of 20 – 30 professionals in meter technology (AMR/AMI), transmission measurement and gas meter/regulation shop.
- Develop, coordinate and implement Company Gas Measurement policies, standards, and procedures for over one million customers across 6 states and multiple supply sources.
- Provide expert testimony related to Gas Measurement programs in State and Federal regulatory proceedings.
- Develop and administer comprehensive Gas Measurement programs to ensure accurate and timely gas measurement throughout the transmission (~4,500 miles) and distribution (~28,000 miles) systems, including wellhead, storage, compressor stations and residential distribution system that includes over 1 million meters.
- Develop and administer a comprehensive gas quality and sampling program to ensure accurate reporting of gas quality throughout the system.
- Apply knowledge and expertise of appropriate Local, Federal and State governing regulations and tariffs across six states to ensure all Measurement programs are in compliance.
- Manage relationships with third party gas suppliers to ensure quick resolution for all measurement issues.
- Administer comprehensive programs to ensure all gas measurement activities are in full compliance with internal SOX controls.
- Work closely with internal Company resources in Legal, Regulatory and Gas Supply to ensure measurement programs are working in accordance with the company goals and vision. Participate in the early stages of Tariff re-writes and new business structures in order to ensure that Measurement is able to support the directives. Participate in all Interconnect Agreement reviews to ensure that Black Hills measurement interests are fully protected and represented.
- Develop, track and control annual budgets for Measurement activities.
- Monitor, research and remain abreast of industry developments associated with applicable rules, regulations, standards and related trends that are relevant to the Company’s Measurement obligations and make necessary modifications to policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and support for all Gas Measurement related field activities, including trouble shooting and training.
- Develop strong functional leaders and viable succession plans.
- Provide overall leadership to employees, successfully motivating, coaching, and infusing spirit to positively impact service and the company’s bottom line.
- Make key hires and facilitate knowledge transfer and the professional development of staff members.
- Represent the Company in industry forums, associations, and conferences.
- Natural Gas Utility State Vice-Presidents
- Operations Directors
- Gas Asset Optimization Leadership Team
- Customer Billing Leadership Team
- State Regulatory Leaders
- Third-party Gas Suppliers
- Industry Peers
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in natural gas utility operations with increasingly progressive leadership responsibilities.
- At least five years of direct work experience in Gas Measurement activities.
- Experience working with various measurement systems, including Flow-Cal and PGAS.
- Experience with SCADA/Measurement polling systems such as AutoSol, Universal SCADA server and Cignet.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- Gas Measurement related policies and practices.
- Federal, State and Industry regulations that govern Gas Measurement.
- Transmission measurement standards.
- Distribution, transmission and well head measurement standards, specifically AGA 3. AGA 7 AGA 8.
- DOT 192, specifically on over pressure protection on M&R stations.
- EFM (electronic flow measurement) devices, including Fisher ROC, Bristol, Totalflow, Mercury and Reynolds.
- SNAP and Transfer proving equipment.
- Statistical sampling ANSI standards.
- Demonstrated focus on personal, public and system safety.
- Exceptional technical and managerial skills including strong leadership, human relations skills, as well as a teamwork orientation and flexibility in a high performance culture.
- High energy level, strong presentation skills, and the ability to inspire confidence among those with whom he/she deals, including customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
- Makes good decisions based upon available data; anticipates problems. Uses judgment to make sound strategic and tactical choices – knows when to emphasize and balance the organization’s long-term strategic objectives; makes timely, tough decisions. Then executes.
- Excellent communication skills and the presence and innate ability to represent the company in a wide variety of forums.
- The capacity for strategic positioning and strategic thinking with strong operations management abilities.
- An entrepreneurial instinct balanced by mature understanding of financial concepts, principles and negotiations. Ability to analyze business reporting information and recommend improvements.
- Proven ability to supervise a diverse workforce across multiple states.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- May be required to carry a company – provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Travel within geographic region (generally Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota and Arkansas), and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required and is anticipated, including overnight and/or weekend travel.
- This position performs tasks that are defined as safety-sensitive and is subject to DOT workplace drug & alcohol testing.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply