Black Hills Corp- ETL/Integration Analyst II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: April 7, 2017
JOB NOTICE – Black Hills Corporation – ETL / Integration Analyst II (30814)
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the United States. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Job Title: ETL / Integration Analyst II (30814)
SALARY RANGE: $63,900 – $83,070
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 25, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Under supervison, interact with clients and other team members to gather requirements for the analysis of business problems. Determine feasible solutions to problems and submit proposed solutions to management. Develop specifications, construct, enhace, and maintain functions and install and support vendor packages. Develop programs in one or multiple platforms. Prepare and maintain application system and function documentation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Applications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Define business user requirements on simple to moderately complex projects with some analytic design and data modeling.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Map source system data to data warehouse models.
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Work with team to identify and understand source data systems.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business rules.
- Under supervision devises or modifies procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and actively involved with application performance planning.
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, prototypes, programming and testing.
- Work with Technology Integration Specialists or Business Users to design and provide training.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Perform client training.
- Under supervision perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Administers BI tools and analytic servers.
- Troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance.
- Develops multidimensional semantic layer and BI query objects for end users.
- Creates reports and report templates.
- Helps business users select the appropriate BI tool(s).
- Develops and manages BI training, documentation, and help desk capabilities.
- Will support one or more client groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience required.
- Associate degree in Applications Design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Business Object Data Services, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports and Business Objects preferred.
- Experience with MuleSoft Enterprise Service Bus preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with object oriented programming languages preferred.
- An understanding of relational databases and dimensional database models (star schema).
- Basic knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middleware and database management systems.
- Basic knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling, and application construction.
- Depending upon programming assignments, experience with but not limited to programming languages including Java and .NET.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load processes.
- Experience with Process Mapping.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming.
- Experience with relational database concepts.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply