Black Hills Corp- Fleet Supervisor (Rapid City, SD)Posted: April 4, 2017
JOB NOTICE – Black Hills Corporation – Fleet Supervisor (30817)
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the United States. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Job Title: Fleet Supervisor (30817)
SALARY RANGE: $69,800 – $90,740 (Base salary is determined on knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 7, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Supervise and provide leadership to fleet employees in Rapid City, SD, Cheyenne, WY, and Pueblo, CO. Coordinate and direct work while ensuring a high level of customer service.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Fleet Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate, schedule, and supervise front-line employees performing vehicle maintenance and repair at in-house garage facilities.
- Make daily decisions that positively impact capital and maintenance programs including third party contractors.
- Ensure contract / service agreement compliance with vendors / suppliers.
- Ensure a high quality of customer service.
- Establish consistency and efficiencies on garage/vehicle policies, procedures, training, metrics, and best practices across the three in-house garage locations.
- Proactively promote the company’s safety culture and adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Identify areas of opportunity to create standard processes to minimize rework and gain economies of scale.
- Work closely with the fleet manager to implement and run in-house garages within the agreed upon budget, on time, and high level of quality.
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce costs.
- Build relationships with a broad cross section of our employees.
- Strive for continuous improvement for the work group and share best practices with others.
- Compile and analyze data to support decision making.
- Ensure compliance to ANSI, OSHA, Environmental and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Develop mechanic continuing education process.
- Assist with the annual operating and capital budget requests.
- Model all Black Hills Corporation values.
- Be available for after-hours emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Partnerships with co-workers, management, HR, other departments, and community members.
- Support vendor of choice relationships.
- Five or more (5+) years of relevant experience.
- Utility industry experience and knowledge of electric operations preferred.
- Experience with hydraulic aerial devices preferred.
- Experience with DOT compliance and leadership in safety initiatives preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of electronic order system and other computer applications.
- Experience implementing shop management software.
- Practical experience in vehicle servicing and repairs.
- ARI Insights experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Financial management, budgetary, planning, and/or forecasting skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks.
- Strong problem resolution skills and decision-making ability.
- Effective project management skills with ability to work on multiple projects.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to accurately resolve issues in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to travel approximately 65% of the time.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply