Black Hills Corp- Asset Management Data Analyst II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: April 4, 2017
Job Title: Asset Management Data Analyst II (30789)
SALARY RANGE: $49,500 – $64,380 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 3, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Conduct research and prepare and present analysis of business operations and metrics for Black Hills Corporation. Serve as a resource for the business unit in support of cross-functional continuous improvement efforts.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager Asset Programs
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as a resource for evaluation and implementation of existing and proposed business processes.
- Assemble and present data and analysis related to all aspects of the business unit’s operations, as directed and develop and provide reports to business unit decision-makers.
- Play a key support role in problem resolution and policy development efforts.
- Analyze data and develop and monitor key operating reports that meet the informational needs of the business unit.
- Design, document and implement processes and procedures to standardize and/or improve business activities for the business unit including interfaces to supporting matrix functions.
- Collect, analyze and report performance metric data.
- Interpret rules, regulations, tariffs, policies and practices to ensure appropriate compliance.
- Identify and scope the data needs of the business unit and establish and maintain databases that serve those needs.
- Conduct periodic needs assessments for various business processes and policies.
- Lead special project teams through business concept development, design and implementation.
- Act as a liaison for business unit activities with cross-functional corporate and business unit teams.
- Work closely with the business unit leadership and professional staff.
- Other duties as directed.
- Manager Asset Programs
- Business unit leadership
- GIS and Vegetation Management
- Other members of Asset Management Services team
- Maintain effective working relationships with all Company employees, including those in engineering maintenance services, electric operations and asset management.
- Minimum of three years of experience analyzing processes, information systems and workflows or other relevant experience required.
- Experiencing coordinating and working as a member of project teams preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of workflow analysis.
- Proficient in analyzing and interpreting data, policies and procedures.
- In depth knowledge of business processes.
- Knowledge of customer needs and requirements.
- Proficient in use of information systems that support data collection, project management and tracking.
- Proficient with utilizing Continuous Improvement methodology and tools to analyze and improve or replace current business processes.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects successfully.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with different personalities and departments.
- Ability to utilize standard business tools, enterprise applications, and corporate data bases to assemble, analyze, and present data concerning business processes.
- Quick learner.
- Detailed oriented with a solid knowledge of project management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication/presentation skills at a professional and technical level.
- Ability to work under stress and deadlines.
- Excellent team player.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office and various specialized software.
- Sufficient agility to enable success in a fast paced environment.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer