Black Hills Corp- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Rapid City, SD)Posted: March 17, 2017
Job Title: Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (30803)
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 – $76,200
(Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 29, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Directly support Financial Reporting function for NYSE traded enterprise. Perform account analysis and assist with financial statement preparation and review, as well as accounting research and special projects.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Financial Reporting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with financial reporting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, management reporting, preparation of SEC financial statement filings including XBRL, preparation of subsidiary financial statements, preparation of FERC financial statements, Board of Director reports, investor relations presentations, and GAAP and SEC research.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and review of monthly and quarterly consolidated and subsidiary cash flow statements.
- Analyze and interpret accounting information in order to report results in terms of profitability, variance to plan and other matters to management. Correspond with other departments and subsidiaries as needed.
- Obtain a strong understanding of all accounting systems, provide input for system enhancements, and provide as needed assistance for system upgrades/conversions.
- Provide recommendations for improving efficiencies of close process.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Support internal and external audit relationships.
- Prepare account analysis, reconciliation, financial ratios and operating statistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support and assist Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting Departments in order to meet deadlines and goals.
- Assist management in improving the profitability of the Company.
- Comply with and perform duties within company policies and procedures and in professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and the Department.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by Management.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all employees, consultants, and external auditors.
- Maintain strong working relationship with other members of Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting staff.
- Involvement may be necessary with all areas of the Company as needed for financial statement preparation, projects and research.
- Five years of financial and business experience required.
- Prior SEC financial reporting experience preferred.
- Three + years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Prior internal audit experience a plus.
- Prior experience in utility or energy related industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Broad understanding of accounting principles, theories, and practices of business units.
- Demonstrate ability to self-direct workload, prioritize projects and make judgmental decisions with little or no supervision. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to details, analytical skills, organization, and oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with sensitive information.
- Initiative/motivation – demonstrate enthusiasm on the job and a willingness to accept job responsibilities and assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA preferred.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply