Black Hills Corp- Leak Technician (Monument, CO)Posted: March 17, 2017
Job Title: Leak Technician (30787)
PAY RANGE: 44 $19 – $26 per hour (Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 22, 2017.
LOCATION: Monument, CO
Accountable for safety compliance, cost, quality and quantity for leak survey and general gas distribution/transmission system maintenance and operations work. Ensure compliance with PHMSA/KCC Pipeline Safety Regulations. Assist with regulatory audits (Internal and External).
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete leak survey planning, implementation, and documentation on third party and internal pipeline systems.
- Classify and repair above and below ground leaks.
- Responsible for general gas distribution/transmission operational compliance including valve maintenance, DRS inspections, CP readings/troubleshooting, odorization, equipment calibration, patrolling and other similar items on third party and internal pipeline systems.
- Sizing, coordination, and replacement of gas meters and regulators.
- Ensure records are created and maintained per regulations.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Required to assist other departments as needed.
- Scheduled on-call rotation.
- Requires successful partnership with network/field services groups to meet standards and expectations.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with third party customers.
- Experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of gas operating safety, and regulatory procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of KCC Pipeline Safety Regulations preferred.
- Normally works independently where judgment and discretion are required on a regular basis.
- Ability to prioritize a changing work schedule.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function in a team environment and lead as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to teach and train others.
- Ability to remain calm and make effective decisions during emergency situations that may affect the safety of the general public, contactors and other employees.
- Effective customer interaction and resolution skills.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Appropriate Operator Qualification certifications will be required upon hire. Certification occurs in-house.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to learn and follow company standards and procedures.
- Must live within 20 miles of service center.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to balance and climb a variety of terrain in all weather conditions, use ladders, steps, getting in and out of vehicle.
- Ability to forward bend, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch to access tasks.
- Ability to lift floor to waist, horizontal, overhead and waist to shoulder up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull both horizontal and vertically up to 40 lbs.
- Must have normal cervical range of motion to operate vehicles and ATV (where applicable).
- Normal vision both near and far and including color vision required to identify signs of leaks, read color maps, wiring, and work with equipment required.
- Normal sense of smell needed to identify leaks.
- Ability to navigate on all types of terrain, in all types of weather, up to 5 miles per day, while carrying 10 lbs. of equipment.
- Respirator fit test required.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply