Black Hills Corp- Field Exception Specialist (Fayetteville, AR)Posted: March 17, 2017
Job Title: Field Exception Specialist (30785)
PAY RANGE: $19 – $26 per hour (Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This postion will close on March 22, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
Responsible for monitoring, assigning, and dispatching, customer and company driven exception orders for gas utility, gas emergency, appliance repair, electric utility, electric emergency, locates, outages, and trouble emergencies during any regular or non-traditional work shifts. Take unsupervised actions as necessary and contact management with irresolvable issues during work hours.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Field Resource Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor gas, electric, and appliance orders that are dispatched by the Click system to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage order exceptions in the Click System per business rules and procedures while minimizing system rule violations, etc.
- Manage all emergency work within the Click System including manual overrides.
- Maintain written documentation on all Code 1, 2, and 10 calls, explosions and hit lines.
- Manage and dispatch all work after hours.
- Manage Jeopardy and Unscheduled Tasks and respond accordingly.
- Assist field operations with schedule management during critical events.
- Manage same day resource scheduling for non-availabilities such as: sick, emergencies, unpredicted situations or workload.
- Proactively contact customers through various methods to communicate work delays and reschedule work.
- Ensure all unscheduled tasks are completed or rescheduled by EOD.
- Manage end-to-end manual processes during system(s) outages.
- Monitor weather impacts to the business.
- Activate timely HVM and HVCA during large electric outages.
- Resolve issues and complaints as they arise.
- Manage performance: adherence to processes and procedures, customer commitments, work efficiency.
- Report all systems issues immediately to help desk.
- Monitor systems and report system improvements to your direct supervisor.
- Work closely with FSSD staff and field to ensure superior customer service.
- Provide management with performance feedback and documentation when needed.
- Work closely with teammates and support staff, as a team player, to ensure the organizational goals are met, as well as individual goals.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with FSSD, Field Operations, Call Centers, and other departments at all times.
- Support Field, as required, to meet business needs.
- Act on behalf of the management team and contact the on duty manager when required.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Flexible work schedule as required to staff center working various days/shifts to support a 24/7/365 environment.
- Available for On Call duty a week at a time on a scheduled rotation or emergency situations is required.
- Participate in special projects, initiatives and teams as needed.
- State Field Operations
- Field Service Support Department
- Customer Resolution Center Staff
- Field Resource Center Staff
- Minimum two (2) years dispatching experience preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a customer service position.
- Experience in the gas or electric utility industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electric and/or gas distribution processes preferred.
- Knowledge of intricacies of service orders and emergency orders preferred.
- Broad understanding of company operations.
- Utility industry knowledge, knowledge of state tariffs, PUC and Commission Rules beneficial.
- Business process improvement experience desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior customer service, dispatch and/or field operations experience.
- Strong team player.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to communicate accurately and succinctly.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work in an internal team and a virtual team environment that shares common goals and daily expectations.
- Able to navigate multiple computer systems, screens and communication channels concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams.
- Able to balance effective process compliance with business and customer sensitivity.
- Excellent business judgment and acumen.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply