Black Hills Corp- Customer Resolution Specialist (Rapid City, SD)Posted: March 17, 2017
Job Title: Customer Resolution Specialist (30783)
PAY RANGE: $19 – $26 per hour (Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 29, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Work in a contact center environment, providing excellent customer service responses to all customer service representatives with tasks and activities directly related to the delivery of service to customers. This position serves as the first point of contact and subject matter expert on the contact center policies and procedures, Black Hills services, service plans and billing practices to ensure information communicated to the customer is accurate and complete.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Customer Contact Center Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Resolution of complex customer inquiries.
- Leverage knowledge of systems and multiple sources of data to determine root cause of problems.
- Provide support and communication to customer service representatives in effectively handling customer inquiries.
- Assist in coaching and mentoring customer service representatives.
- Meet call quality guidelines in addition to other key performance metrics and competencies.
- Handle customer escalations with diplomacy and tact.
- Provide phone follow up with customers regarding sales and service plans guidelines.
- Research and analyze requests for service.
- Work with field personnel to accurately and efficiently complete customer requests.
- Work on specialized projects and assignments as needed.
- Provide routine reports to management team.
- Perform a number of customer service representatives duties at times of overflow and peak call volumes.
- Assist in communicating changes in processes and procedures to representatives.
- Complete other daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned.
- Both internal and external customers
- Field Personnel
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Utility industry experience a plus.
- Familiarity with contact center quality assurance roles and responsibilities.
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- May require specialized classes and training.
- Subject matter experts in various programs, systems or process beyond that of the required baseline knowledge of all Customer Care Representatives.
- Scope or responsibility specific to multiple locations desired.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to interpret data from multiple sources to determine root cause of problems.
- Regularly use spreadsheets, database and word processing software, and periodically learn new programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Must be available to occasionally work non-traditional hours.
- Position may involve travel (10%).
- This position will perform safety-sensitive functions, and will therefore be placed in the Department of Transportation (“DOT”) Drug and Alcohol testing pool. As a result, the position will be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply