Black Hills Corp- Program Manager, Renewable Energy (Pueblo, CO)Posted: March 3, 2017
JOB NOTICE – Black Hills Corporation – Program Manager, Renewable Energy (30762)
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the United States. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Job Title: Program Manager, Renewable Energy (30762)
SALARY GRADE: $69,800 – $90,740 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 16, 2017.
LOCATION: Pueblo, CO
Responsible for managing the marketing and sales, tracking and processing of incentives, and compliance reporting associated with all renewable energy technology applications in the Colorado Electric territory, including solar, wind, geothermal, and biomass.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Energy Services and Customer Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all processes associated with Black Hills Energy’s Renewable Energy Program.
- Responsible for managing customer inquiries and processing of all applications for Black Hills Energy’s Renewable Energy Program.
- Manages the program’s applicant database as well as the renewable energy credit database and develops reports summarizing historical and current levels of renewables activity.
- Manages the Community Solar Garden program and related processes, including solicitations, contractor coordination, interconnect agreements and customer communications.
- Responsible for managing the inspection of installations and the connection of customer facilities to the Black Hills Energy system.
- Responsible for managing activities with third parties and other departments to ensure physical connections of customer renewables installations, the incorporation of customer credits in affected accounts and overall compliance with the appropriate tariffs and regulations related to renewables.
- Responsible for working with matrix personnel on the marketing and communications activities associated with the Black Hills Energy’s various programs related to the Black Hills Energy Renewable Energy Program, including the development of support materials.
- Responsible for preparation of all solicitations for proposals for the addition of large renewable resource projects to Black Hills Energy’s system and facilitates the process for securing and evaluating such proposals.
- Utilizes PVWatts to determine PV system outputs.
- Utilizes the Solar Pathfinder to determine shading issues.
- Partners with Regulatory personnel in the submittal of information to the Colorado PUC, including Black Hills Energy’s RES plan and other required regulatory filings related to renewables.
- Responsible for business unit’s overall compliance and reporting activities related to Colorado’s Renewable Energy Standard.
- Processes payments to participants in the Black Hills Energy’s Renewable Energy Program.
- Maintains a working knowledge of trends in, and potential policy changes impacting, the renewable energy industry.
- Manages the Black Hills Energy’s Renewable Energy Program budgets.
- Prepares and delivers presentations on renewable energy and Black Hills Energy’s programs to customers, industry groups, civic groups and trade allies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all interconnection inquiries, facilitating all discussions related to the terms of such agreements with customers and internal stakeholders and the development and negotiation of contracts with interested parties.
- Assist with other duties as directed.
- Manage relationships with renewable energy associations.
- Maintain a close working relationship with BHE Regulatory personnel and the Colorado PUC.
- Maintain a working relationship with other Black Hills Energy personnel to coordinate the integration of renewable resources with other energy resources.
- Maintain a regular contact with local renewable energy contractors.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electric utility operations.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in energy marketing and sales and renewables.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, marketing or related area preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Black Hills Energy’s Renewable Energy Program, related tariffs and policies.
- Knowledge of the electric industry and basic electric system operation.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry.
- Working knowledge of renewable energy technologies, including wind, solar, biomass and hydroelectric.
- Working knowledge of wind turbine operating systems.
- Working knowledge of PV operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of Colorado’s Renewable Energy Standard.
- Working knowledge of net metering requirements.
- Effective project management skills, including planning and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and CIS+ systems.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology.
- A performance record that strongly reflects personal initiative and innovation.
- Thorough understanding of PVWatts.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply