Black Hills Corp- Storekeeper (Casper, WY)Posted: February 1, 2017
JOB NOTICE – Black Hills Corporation – Storekeeper (30736)
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the United States. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Job Title: Storekeeper (30736)
PAY RANGE: $19 – $23 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 3, 2017.
LOCATION: Casper, WY
Manage a warehouse location ensuring key processes (production planning, replenishment, blanket purchase orders, inventory stocking levels, evaluation and negotiation of routine procurements, etc.) are provided to keep the Company’s operations running optimally. Interact with assigned operating areas, legal staff, procurement and the supplier community and industry analysts to carry out duties.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Materials Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Has overall day-to-day responsibilities for the unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control and issuance of materials, equipment and parts ordered by the company.
- Coordinate and transport all deliveries to work sites and other company locations.
- Identify materials and equipment and facilitate the unloading, coordination and planning for expected daily shipments.
- Provide support for delivery notifications and monitoring delivery to schedule and PO requirements and verify that the material invoiced has been received on-site and the invoice payment can be made.
- Represent the materials Management function at onsite management meetings as required.
- Maintain files and perform filing related to plant records and reports.
- Process material tickets daily for entry into the computerized inventory system.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, documents, and records for the material and maintenance management system.
- Ensure company safety policies, procedures, and work practices are being followed in areas.
- Assist with some buying duties including expediting shipments.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Assist other plant personnel as directed.
- Customer – Operational Managers and maintenance staff running the Company’s operations
- Supervisor – Manager, Materials Management or Materials Manager
- Peers and co-workers – Storekeepers, Buyers, Sourcing Managers and Analysts
- Supplier of materials. Equipment and services
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience, preferably including materials management or warehouse activities.
- Experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate or college level courses in an accredited program in materials or warehouse management is preferred.
- Materials management procedures including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials preferred.
- Able to perform mathematical functions.
- Able to read and understand technical information such as: contracts, equipment specifications, and instructions.
- Able to make judgmental decisions with little or no supervision.
- Able to make routine public contact with contractors, service personnel and governing agencies.
- Work is generally not physically demanding but requires the ability to climb stairs and lift up to 50 pounds and carry for a few feet.
- Able to hear (at some dB limit of loss) in order to receive oral communications and instructions.
- Computer knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid Wyoming driver’s license and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- May require some long distance and overnight travel.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position such as heavy lifting, standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motions, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Majority of work is performed indoors but must be able to work outside in extreme weather on occasion.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply